Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is the correlation between join date on TSR and post quality Watch

ReputationRep:
    As in the correlation between how long you've been a posting member on the site and the quality of your posts, like the likelihood of your post being humorous or sarcastic, an intelligent post or Trollspam

I guess most may say - the longer you've been here on on any forum, the funnier and or intelligent your posts are likely to be, sure that's reasonable. Then again there are newer or more recent members that are just as intelligent and funny, thus the post and post quality correlation is broken

I guess that's not the case for all recent posters but for some, also it' not the case for all older seasoned posters, that they'll all be funny, intelligent or completely serious all the time, (trying to avoid generalisations)

anyway, what does everyone think

ReputationRep:
    There is no guarranteed correlation

ReputationRep:
    Definite peak in quality at post number 63

ReputationRep:
    Es gibt kein correlation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MorningElegance)
    Definite peak in quality at post number 63
    If that's the best post you ever write, you may as well just leave now.

ReputationRep:
    many of the people who joined in 2009 are pretty awesome so i'd go with that.

ReputationRep:
    I'd argue there is a stronger correlation based on the posts per day statistic. High posts per day indicates a knob end who confuses a public forum with MSN. [you know who you are].

(Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    If that's the best post you ever write, you may as well just leave now.
    Touche

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.