Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A disgruntled employee, fired by Harrods from his job as the toy department’s Father Christmas, took revenge last night in spectacular style.

Gaining access to a maintenance control room, Lloyd Hudson, 35, from Ilford, Essex, was able to locate the chart and corresponding switches for Harrods’ 10,000 external lights.

Barracading himself in, Hudson disabled the correct lights until he could spell out his feelings to Harrods bosses and Christmas shoppers alike. He was removed by security guards after an hour-long stand-off, then handed over to police.

“He had drunk the best part of two bottles of whisky,” said a spokesperson for the iconic London store, “and it’s that kind of behaviour that got him the sack in the first place.” Hudson has since been released on police bail.

Knightsbridge visitors were stunned.

“Honestly, I am disgusted, ” said Irene Rider, 59, from Gary, Indiana. “I was with my grandchildren. We had just gotten off the bus. I said ‘look everybody’ and pointed up to the lights – but you know what the lights said? They said f**k off. And that is not an appropriate message for a child. At least not at Christmas time.”

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.itsrudetostare.com/%E2%80...ge-to-harrods/
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Ha ha. Brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    What an absolute legend

If you're going to get fired, do it properly :p:

ReputationRep:
    They said f**k off. And that is not an appropriate message for a child. At least not at Christmas time.
    Is it perfectly acceptable to swear at kids for 11 months but as soon as Christmas comes its suddenly wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Legend! :grin:

ReputationRep:
    LAD

That should put people of harrods at least.

ReputationRep:
    Was hoping him and his little black elf mate had robbed it.

ReputationRep:
    What a legend, love this!

ReputationRep:
    Beast.

ReputationRep:
    Irene Rider is funny

ReputationRep:
    Did this even happen? I can't find it anywhere else, like news websites.

ReputationRep:
    Amazing. A Toast to the Guy. Learn something, everyone who has ever been fired. :P

ReputationRep:
    that is actually amazing

ReputationRep:
    +rep to this guy, shame it's fake though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guvnor)
    A disgruntled employee, fired by Harrods from his job as the toy department’s Father Christmas, took revenge last night in spectacular style.

Gaining access to a maintenance control room, Lloyd Hudson, 35, from Ilford, Essex, was able to locate the chart and corresponding switches for Harrods’ 10,000 external lights.

Barracading himself in, Hudson disabled the correct lights until he could spell out his feelings to Harrods bosses and Christmas shoppers alike. He was removed by security guards after an hour-long stand-off, then handed over to police.

“He had drunk the best part of two bottles of whisky,” said a spokesperson for the iconic London store, “and it’s that kind of behaviour that got him the sack in the first place.” Hudson has since been released on police bail.

Knightsbridge visitors were stunned.

“Honestly, I am disgusted, ” said Irene Rider, 59, from Gary, Indiana. “I was with my grandchildren. We had just gotten off the bus. I said ‘look everybody’ and pointed up to the lights – but you know what the lights said? They said f**k off. And that is not an appropriate message for a child. At least not at Christmas time.”

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://www.itsrudetostare.com/%E2%80...ge-to-harrods/
    It's fake!

From thepoke.co.uk which is a satire, spoof website. See top right hand corner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Margaret Thatcher)
    It's fake!

You didn't have to spoil the fun so quickly

ReputationRep:
    It's fake!

You broke my heart.

ReputationRep:
    It's fake!

Still a good laugh nonetheless

ReputationRep:
    LOL wow LEGEND!

That man. Is an actual Epic.

And he's from Ilford too! Brofist
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/B...2304772912.png

*Even if it's fake, that's such an awesome, creative story... I actually still believe it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.