Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Getting a flat stomach..will this actually work? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So i found this:

http://ezinearticles.com/?Flatten-Yo...eek&id=1251029

your thoughts? is it worth giving a go?

ReputationRep:
    No, just make sure you exercise plenty and eat well.

ReputationRep:
    It might reduce the appearance of your stomach slightly, but it won't be permanent, and it won't have a positive impact on your health.
    If you want to lose weight, sucking in your stomach and pouring cold water on yourself won't cause fat loss. This most likely shows some small results because the change in temp causes your stomach muscles to tense. It's like doing a crunch, but colder.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Haha. No, it will slightly work your lower abdominals, if only temporarily. However, it will not burn the fat required to get that 'flat stomach' look.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wookie42)
    No, just make sure you exercise plenty and eat well.
    I do that already but when i exercise i just seem to lose weight off my thighs and bum which i don't want to do..how do i lose weight just from my stomach?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiss.Me.Quick)
    I do that already but when i exercise i just seem to lose weight off my thighs and bum which i don't want to do..how do i lose weight just from my stomach?
    What kind of exercise do you do? Persevere with cardio as much as possible and do crunches etc to tone up is probably the best advice anyone can give.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiss.Me.Quick)
    Then keep on going totill you lose the styomach fat, relying in articles like these makes one look pathetic and lazy

ReputationRep:
    well i know that if you eat ice, then your body burns stored fat to help keep the body warm... this is a scientific fact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by air-ninety-one)
    well i know that if you eat ice, then your body burns stored fat to help keep the body warm... this is a scientific fact.
    Technically yes, but given the average internal temperature of the body is around 37 degrees Celsius how much Ice do you think you would have to eat to burn anything even close to causing practical fat loss, given a Lb of fat is approx 3500 kcals?

Eating ice non stop all your waking hours would cause you too lose fat, and muscle mass – only because you are not eating proper food in that time – all other things being equal eating ice too loose weight is about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Ice is better used to relax heavily worked muscles from your killer workout that actually does have an effect on your metabolism and bodyfat levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MattGriff)
    Technically yes, but given the average internal temperature of the body is around 37 degrees Celsius how much Ice do you think you would have to eat to burn anything even close to causing practical fat loss, given a Lb of fat is approx 3500 kcals?

Eating ice non stop all your waking hours would cause you too lose fat, and muscle mass – only because you are not eating proper food in that time – all other things being equal eating ice too loose weight is about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Ice is better used to relax heavily worked muscles from your killer workout that actually does have an effect on your metabolism and bodyfat levels.
    i do a glass a day. i use lots of ice when i drink water when im having dinner. its not a diet comprising of high ice consumption, its literally just ice in your drinks...

ReputationRep:
    I worked out a massively long time ago (so it may well be wrong) that 3500kcals is the energy needed to raise about 700 large ice cubes to body temperature :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by air-ninety-one)
    i do a glass a day. i use lots of ice when i drink water when im having dinner. its not a diet comprising of high ice consumption, its literally just ice in your drinks...
    Unless you prefer the taste that is pointless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wookie42)
    What kind of exercise do you do? Persevere with cardio as much as possible and do crunches etc to tone up is probably the best advice anyone can give.
    stfu

ReputationRep:
    Simple System

1. 30 mins of jogginng/running EVERYDAY

2. 3 litres of water

3. Cruches and Leglifts every evening and morning

4. Do not snack

ReputationRep:
    this article is full of *******ry and phail

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.