Is Surrey or Loughborough a better aerospace course?
I've got an unconditional offer from both.
You are Here: Home > Forums >< University and university courses >< Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths university courses >< Engineering
Loughborough or Surrey for AERO? watch
- Thread Starter
- 15-12-2010 16:45
- 02-06-2011 11:01
- 02-06-2011 21:52
A hard question. Both are quite well ranked both require the same A-level grades for entry. Do either of you like sport by any chance? If so, the choice will be clear!
- 03-06-2011 03:19
I'm at Surrey and I'd heartily recommend it.
- Great social atmosphere
- Surely the best campus environment in Britain
- Totally beasting student media (yep, we're great! :-D)
- Extremely high-quality halls accommodation (mostly)
- High emphasis on improving sports and culture - the new sports park is the best in Britain
- Best graduate employment rate in Britain (99.6% within 6 months of graduation)
- Strong emphasis on both academic knowledge and employment/business skills
- Free language courses for all students
- Excellent - I mean excellent - research across the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences
Downside (only one):
- Expensive living costs, including expensive beer (but this doesn't seem to stop anyone)
- 03-06-2011 03:24
Going to sleep now, will post my reasoning tomorrow, but I got an offer from both and held Surrey as my insurance and Loughborough as my '5th choice'.