Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I've done my application independantly (I'm in the college, but I wouldn't trust them to clean a plate properly) and I've been waiting for my reference for two months.

The last week I've hassled my lecturer to do it and she has, she says she sent it off through the email Ucas sent her last night but it wasn't come up with a red tick to say complete..

Does it take time for UCAS to process this?

Thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-pologies)
    Hey guys,

I've done my application independantly (I'm in the college, but I wouldn't trust them to clean a plate properly) and I've been waiting for my reference for two months.

The last week I've hassled my lecturer to do it and she has, she says she sent it off through the email Ucas sent her last night but it wasn't come up with a red tick to say complete..

Does it take time for UCAS to process this?

Thanks
    I'm in the same situation as you mate as I have sent my application on Monday and now its going to be sitting and waiting in my tutor's computer shouting at her to fill in the reference.

If I were you I would contact UCAS directly to see where you stand because they are the people who are sorting all applications, it has nothing to do with your lecturer (well I think that depends on some scenarios).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boreism)
    I'm in the same situation as you mate as I have sent my application on Monday and now its going to be sitting and waiting in my tutor's computer shouting at her to fill in the reference.

If I were you I would contact UCAS directly to see where you stand because they are the people who are sorting all applications, it has nothing to do with your lecturer (well I think that depends on some scenarios).
    Took your advice and rang them up bud,
    turns out that they haven't got it at all. My referee is supposed to log in using the UCAS provided user and password and it seems that she must of replied to the 'DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL' email.

Absolutely ridiculous. I have no idea what's going on for this as I don't even have a tutor so my reference could also just be stuck on someones paperwork until the 15th of January.

Needless to say, I'm going to go mental at college tomorrow until someone posts the damn thing.

Cheers for the help, I hope your tutor pulls their thumb out mate
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-pologies)
    Took your advice and rang them up bud,
    turns out that they haven't got it at all. My referee is supposed to log in using the UCAS provided user and password and it seems that she must of replied to the 'DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL' email.

Absolutely ridiculous. I have no idea what's going on for this as I don't even have a tutor so my reference could also just be stuck on someones paperwork until the 15th of January.

Needless to say, I'm going to go mental at college tomorrow until someone posts the damn thing.

Cheers for the help, I hope your tutor pulls their thumb out mate
    You're welcome, I'm always glad to help.

OK wait a minute I got confused when you said "I don't even have a tutor" and so have been having this in my head - "so how do you learn then if you don't have a tutor?"
    Actually come to think of it, are you even at college? If you are do have tutorials as in the tutor with your class? :confused: Without a tutor for a reference then you're in a sticky situation. :sadnod:
    If you do have a tutor, he or she should look at the situation and see what they say.

My UCAS application is a little bit in a sticky situation itself. When I approached my tutor and chased her up about my reference she said she was about to do it until she read through my personal statement and she said it needed tweaking. Thing is I had help with it from the people in the careers department at college and they said it were fine, but then they changed their mind and said it does need some tweaking. Now that I've rewritten it in a different way, my tutor must now be satisfied about my personal statement this time, because its less than a month until the deadline. :eek: And if she doesn't write my reference in time for the deadline I will be screwed...

ReputationRep:
    Ah, in my college we call Personal Learning Coachs our tutors - they're the ones that sort out UCAS, our course progression and act as a counsellor. They kinda do all the paperwork and do 1 on 1 interviews about our progress.
    I call my course teacher my lecturer, although it really should tutor :P. It's strange.

Yeah, that's really sucky :\. I honestly don't see how your personal statement could affect her reference.. Sounds like laziness to me . I know what you mean, it's not only that as colleges have the term holidays around about now! Make sure she gets it done before you leave or she'll never do it . Can't believe there's only a month left!

I nagged and nagged and nagged until my reference is finally cleared!
    All it took was a lot of shouting at reception to force her to do it. *giggle*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.