Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is there a way to get rid of this problem at my gym? Watch

ReputationRep:
    at my local gym, they have a free weights area, an isolation weights area and two cardio areas. at every time i've been in the free weights area, it's packed. i have been at lots of different times of day - 9am, 11am, midday, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, 5pm, 7pm, 8pm, you name it, i've been so many different times of the day. it's packed all the time.

the cardio area is kind of empty. there are treadmills, bikes, cross trainers that are free all the time. the weights area is packed all the time. its a problem i don't know how to get around :/

ReputationRep:
    You'd be best speaking with your gym such the general manager or fitness manager about your customer satisfaction and consideration about health and safety.

Not TSR.

ReputationRep:
    Weights tends to be the most popular i'm afraid. Depends what you want to work on, and maybe consider going to work on cardio for a bit. You could always buy yourself a set of weights?

ReputationRep:
    Go to a less popular gym.

ReputationRep:
    9am, 11am, midday, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm, 5pm, 7pm, 8pm

There's still 15 hours you haven't tried my good man.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, but what do you expect TSR to do about your gym being overcrowded? Just wondering..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkyNinja)
    Go to a less popular gym.
    This, I'm afraid

ReputationRep:
    Save up farts and wait till you are in the weight room to let them go. Eventually everyone will realise it is you and leave the weight room when you enter. Problem solved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robotwars)
    i have been at lots of different times of day
    Find out what time it opens/shuts and go then.

Went to my gym at 7:30am once and the free weights section was empty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robotwars)
    the cardio area is kind of empty. there are treadmills, bikes, cross trainers that are free all the time.
    Same at my gym, pisses me right off, less cardio machines ffs

ReputationRep:
    Man up and ask to work in.

Or choose the compound exercises that will give you best bang for buck (i.e like the ones in starting strength - you'll be in that squat rack the entire time :yes::p:)

ReputationRep:
    Buy your owns weights.
    If not, work out naturally, swimming is a fantastic muscle builder and fat burner. trust

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jedi_Pimp)
    Buy your owns weights.
    If not, work out naturally, swimming is a fantastic muscle builder and fat burner. trust
    your post fails

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Same at my gym, pisses me right off, less cardio machines ffs
    Or maybe people should start to do the more sensible thing and actually focus on their cardiovascular health for a change, and not avoid like the plague because their fitness is crap.

ReputationRep:
    I wish my gym sold off all the ****ty Nautilus machines and invested a log, another eleiko bar and more 20/25kg plates and maybe another platform :moon:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buxtons)
    Or maybe people should start to do the more sensible thing and actually focus on their cardiovascular health for a change, and not avoid like the plague because their fitness is crap.
    Doing cardio in a gym is pretty homo, I do cardio, sprints, and skipping, and I do them outside or at my boxing gym rather than on some ****ing treadmill or a piece of **** like the cross trainer which just takes up needless room in a gym, so don't chat **** there's nothing sensible doing cardio on a giant machine compared to actually getting on a bike or going for a run

The only cardio machines in a gym that are worthwhile are ergo's because its not too practical actually going on a river and rowing every other day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsforsale)
    Man up and ask to work in.

Or choose the compound exercises that will give you best bang for buck (i.e like the ones in starting strength - you'll be in that squat rack the entire time :yes::p:)

...pissing everybody who wants to use the squat rack off...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jedi_Pimp)
    Buy your owns weights.
    What an idiotic post. You'll never get big with swimming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    Doing cardio in a gym is pretty homo.
    Agreed. Running on a treadmill is for girls and gays. Gyms are for weight training, I do Brazilian Jiu Jitsu for 6 hours a week that's enough cardio - no need to go spinning like a femme.

ReputationRep:
    Sunday late afternoon?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.