Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Had my car in for repair, having got it back the brakes are making the kind of sound you get if you pull away with the hand brake up. The garage says they haven't touched the brakes but they feel a little more sensitive. No smell of rubber on short trips.

Have they just tightened them up or broken my car?

Corsa, rear wheel drive, 04 reg.

/over worried

ReputationRep:
    Are the rear brakes locked up? Are any of the brakes noticeably hotter than the rest after a drive?

ReputationRep:
    What work was the car in for?

Also, Corsas are front wheel drive.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, my mistake

No real locking up, simply a bit stiffer whhen depressed more than a quarter.

Rear bumper and passenger side door replacement.

ReputationRep:
    Do the brakes still work properly? It might just be where the fluid is cold...

ReputationRep:
    Is it only a problem on short journeys? If the brakes work properly but you're still concerned then just get them checked out, you can't put a price on peace of mind, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    You mention it "sounds like you left the h/brake on".
    Perhaps something is siezed up holding it on slightly - think clevis pin / controll arm on the drum

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.