Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Say you go on a date with someone you thought you liked. And the date goes well, you have fun. But then you feel like you don't like the other person as much as you thought you did. What do you do?

The guy in question is very nice to me, he always texts me and wants to know what i'm up to. We've kissed, but nothing else. I'm confused

ReputationRep:
    Sit and break it down to yourself - why don't I like him - why don't I feel the way I used to about him. After that tell him you want to end it (do this as gently as possible) I think it'd be good if you gave him a reason too.

ReputationRep:
    Well, often when you've waited a while to go out with someone, you find that you kind of exaggerate to yourself how good they are. maybe its not that you don't like him as much as you think you did, maybe he's just not as good as he was in your dreamworld. we've all done it.

like sam08503, i'd say think to yourself what you do and don't like about him. if there are things you like about him that are worth staying for, then stay.

you could also talk to him about it, delicately. he might be having some doubts too. or else, he could make you feel better about your doubts.

good luck x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 15, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.