ReputationRep:
    hey guys really want to delete my account, and all my past posts and history on here anyone know how to do it please?

in case your wondering only reason is because i do not want to be deep searched and getting worried about employers and unis seeing my posts..

so yer any help guys? cheers

ReputationRep:
    You can't, you can only go back and delete every post you ever made one by one and then stop using your account. Bit of a flaw in the website design there...

ReputationRep:
    You don't, unless you want to go through all of your posts deleting each one individually.

FAQ

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure future employers won't reject you for having some bad rep you know...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloise987)
    You can't, you can only go back and delete every post you ever made one by one and then stop using your account. Bit of a flaw in the website design there...
    LOL sucks to be you in that case OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashton.alfred)
    hey guys really want to delete my account, and all my past posts and history on here anyone know how to do it please?

in case your wondering only reason is because i do not want to be deep searched and getting worried about employers and unis seeing my posts..

with great difficulty, employers don't care about TSR as they often never heard of it

ReputationRep:
    Pick a random social science, claim it's rubbish and there will be such a response the mods will have to delete your account for your own safety. :^_^:

ReputationRep:
    Your future employers are going to track down all your website accounts?

ReputationRep:
    You can just ask to have your account banned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Urkel)
    Would that be the same as having your account deleted? Or would your profile, threads and posts remain?
    Your posts and profile remain (unless you delete them yourself), you just can't access your account any more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Urkel)
    So getting banned doesn't really have the desired effect and would be rather useless. :p:
    Yes, I was suggesting it as an alternative to breaking the site rules to get yourself banned, as was suggested earlier in the thread.

ReputationRep:
    This is why you should never use your real name as your username.

ReputationRep:
    :iiam:

...why they don't allow it...

(Original post by ashton.alfred)

You have three options;

• Ask for a username change - which will get rid of your real name. You must have a good reason for a change.
      • Ask for a permanent ban - your account will no longer appear under the memberlist.
      • Delete all your posts yourself then ask for a ban.

Post in Ask a Supermoderator to talk directly to mods or initiate one of the above actions. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=93

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
      Ask for a username change - which will get rid of your real name. You must have a good reason.
      Are they allowing username changes again?

(Original post by sandys1000)
        Yep, the bug has been fixed.

ReputationRep:
        This is the student room. No one leaves the student room. You are trapped.......FOREVER!
        • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by sandys1000)
        Username changes are now possible again, but are only approved in exceptional circumstances.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Illusionary)
        Username changes are now possible again, but are only approved in exceptional circumstances.
        I would go for this option.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What time of year is the worst for students?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.