Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi,

i'm an american student considering studying abroad at goldsmiths in the fall. i don't know much about london yet, and although i'm finding a lot of helpful information in regards to certain aspects of london and goldsmiths via the internet, there's some things that i just can't find info about - like marijuana and the college. i enjoy smoking sometimes at my current institution, and i was wondering, do people ever smoke weed at goldsmiths? is the college lenient/strict re: smoking non-tobacco products? and do people ever smoke in the student residences, or would that be a recipe for getting kicked out?

(i'm not a pothead, i promise! i'm a curious person having trouble finding info about this sort of thing elsewhere!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clueless_american)
    hi,

i'm an american student considering studying abroad at goldsmiths in the fall. i don't know much about london yet, and although i'm finding a lot of helpful information in regards to certain aspects of london and goldsmiths via the internet, there's some things that i just can't find info about - like marijuana and the college. i enjoy smoking sometimes at my current institution, and i was wondering, do people ever smoke weed at goldsmiths? is the college lenient/strict re: smoking non-tobacco products? and do people ever smoke in the student residences, or would that be a recipe for getting kicked out?

(i'm not a pothead, i promise! i'm a curious person having trouble finding info about this sort of thing elsewhere!)
    I don't know the college's position on it, or about smoking it in the halls of residence as I'm in private accommodation.

My neighbour gave my housemate some. I don't know where he gets it from, but there must definitely be no shortage because outside his flat you can always smell it.

There should be no problem finding other weed-smokers. You might have to look around to find a dealer, I have no idea how you find them, but there should be plenty. If not, you'll be in London, you won't have to go far!

ReputationRep:
    Everybody does it in halls. It's casual, and just make sure you don't get caught. But yea, people small it in halls/kitchens.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.