Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Scotland's chances in Six Nations 2011.. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Evening,
    As a proud Scot, i'd like to ask everyone's opinions of Scotland's possible success in the next Six Nations.

I personally feel that, seeing as Scotland's rugby team has been pretty useless in the past couple of years, people have cast the team into the back of their minds, thinking, 'It's Scotland, no worries'. Normally, i'd expect almost nothing from the Scotland team but, i feel in the past 12/18months, they have dramatically improved. Beating Ireland, Argentina(twice), South Africa and Samoa this year.
    This years Six Nations was difficult to watch as a Scot, the Wales game in particular, but i felt that they showed streaks of decent play. In the past few games, I've noticed the Scotland team have been a little more consistent with their play(Although Andy Robinson disagrees with consistency), and i feel they will be even better come February.
    We'll have key players back from injury including Johnnie Beattie and Al Kellock, who will strengthen the team.

So to sum up, i feel that Scotland is being massively underestimated ahead of the up and coming Six Nations. I feel that they could have a pretty good tournament. Maybe not winning the tournament, but having a decent one.

I just wanted to hear the opinions of other people really, what do you expect/hope to see from Scotland in the Six Nations?

ReputationRep:
    So that's no-one interested then...

ReputationRep:
    I think it's between Phil 'The Power' Taylor (even though he hasn't been as good lately) and Raymond Van Barneveld (he just has the experience to win it in my view.)

EDIT: Ahhh wrong thread! I thought this was the World Darts Championship thread!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OxfordGoBrach)
    I think it's between Phil 'The Power' Taylor (even though he hasn't been as good lately) and Raymond Van Barneveld (he just has the experience to win it in my view.)

EDIT: Ahhh wrong thread! I thought this was the World Darts Championship thread!
    Hah.. Classic Eire(Oxford) tbh.

Expected someone to have an opinion lol.
    Suppose its because everyone knows that Scotland will win, so discussing it would be useless

ReputationRep:
    Hard to see them getting more than 4 points and I think they can be happy if they do tbh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.