Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Please move if this is in the wrong place, I wasn't sure)

Hi all. Scored AABBB in higher last year, just trying to choose my Uni's to apply to this year. (English, History, Maths, Physics and French)

I was wondering where is the best place to go for a law course LLB, and what are my relative chances of getting in?

Have been reliably informed that I would struggle to get into any Glasgow Law Uni's.. so I'm looking at other places.

Atm its looking like this for reasons below.

1. Edinburgh (relatives live here and I love Edinburgh)
    I'm kinda sucked in by the prestige of this course, but I have no idea if I'd get in.

2. Aberdeen (girlfriend lived here, so I know the city and like it)
    Not too far from home, and although its cold, I quite like it.

3. Stirling (best mate is going here)
    One of our teachers (a new one) said its a brilliant town, but he would say that if he went there I think.

4. RGU (same as Aberdeen really)

5. Dundee (Brother is at Medical school here, says its good)
    Really know nothing about Dundee..

Oh and I live in a place called Dingwall, so going to the Uni closest to home doesn't really apply, this is near Inverness

Any advice on quality of; courses, teaching styles, Social life and general "goodness" would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    can vouch for social life and how brilliant a little city Stirling is

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.