Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    E-vision currently says

"It is currently University policy to not display any assignment, exam or module results during examination periods.Therefore students will not be able to view provisional marks for the current academic year during Semester 1 Examinations Diet (6-17 December 2010) or the subsequent period of time during which examinations are marked."

So when does the examination marking period end?

I've had no exams this semester and my essays should have allready been marked, I assume also the tutorials, so will the school secretery have my marks available if I phone up?

Ta.

Semester 1 results always seem to be issued on the Friday before semester 2 starts, whereas semester 2's results just get burped out whenever and you can't usually predict the date. Everything has to go past the exam boards as well for "moderation", including coursework assignments and final module grades.

Oh yeah, have fun when the results actually do appear. eVision used to blow up like Hiroshima every time because it couldn't handle the load although I think it's now been properly upgraded after we kicked up a serious fuss back in January, when it took some people 4 days to get their results because the system just died continually and nobody could be bothered to fix it over the weekend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ch0llima)
    Semester 1 results always seem to be issued on the Friday before semester 2 starts, whereas semester 2's results just get burped out whenever and you can't usually predict the date. Everything has to go past the exam boards as well for "moderation", including coursework assignments and final module grades.

Oh yeah, have fun when the results actually do appear. eVision used to blow up like Hiroshima every time because it couldn't handle the load although I think it's now been properly upgraded after we kicked up a serious fuss back in January, when it took some people 4 days to get their results because the system just died continually and nobody could be bothered to fix it over the weekend.
    Thanks.though that is kind of a bugger.used to get mailed my work before xmas when I was doing the evening degree.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry if this is a stupid question to ask but what are the reasons for not displaying our results during the exam period? :confused:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.