Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Moving To London Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I hope to be moving to London soon. Can anyone recommend a nice London estate, preferably has local pubs, school's, decent town centre, friendly atmosphere, and lot's of fun things to do?.
    The house I would be looking for has to have 3-4 bedroom's, a chimney is a must have, A big garden, nice big bathroom, big kitchen plus extra's.
    Can you guy's recommend me somewhere with the feature's mentioned above?

ReputationRep:
    Unless you're made of money, that ain't gonna happen.

Why a chimney though?

ReputationRep:
    If you have the money, Hammersmith. For a specific estate, get googling man. Dunno any exact property to you refer to

ReputationRep:
    Loughton? In material terms it's nice. People-- they're alright.

Just how much money do you actually have?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by kat2pult)
      Unless you're made of money, that ain't gonna happen.

Why a chimney though?
      No I'm not made of money but I'm living comfortably. I have a chimney at my current home which I look forward to sitting in front of after, a long day at work. It just make's home feel so homely

ReputationRep:
      I have a house in London, In kensington

I would seriously move to this area, decent houses at affordable prices
      Near to some good pubs and I mean good ones, family ones and peaceful pubs

Located next to a decent private school
      good transport

easy to get to places, located in an area where its quiet all year round, apart from the odd cars

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by 01jtiong)
      I have a house in London, In kensington

I would seriously move to this area, decent houses at affordable prices
      Near to some good pubs and I mean good ones, family ones and peaceful pubs

Located next to a decent private school
      good transport

easy to get to places, located in an area where its quiet all year round, apart from the odd cars
      Kensington! Yeah why didn't I think of that? A lot of people have said it's a great place to live, with all the things you have described to me. I'll get looking into it mate It could be just what I am looking for. Loughton is another place in London I'm interested in. Can you tell me a bit about it?

ReputationRep:
      been to loughton quite a few times although not an expert in the area but seems decent enough

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loughton

heres a link about more of the area

ReputationRep:
      Loughton: has nearby primary, secondary schools. Lots of shops, a few pubs along the highroad, several large supermarkets, swimming centre, local library. Houses are a tad on the expensive side though.

ReputationRep:
      the best area to recommend is kensington as the time I have lived here 0% crime rate

zero anti-social behavior problems and no kids in your neighborhood disturbing you

also you get your own private garage for your car and the tube station is only 2-3mins walk away pending where you stay

ReputationRep:
      Brixton does the job

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by 01jtiong)
      been to loughton quite a few times although not an expert in the area but seems decent enough

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loughton

heres a link about more of the area
      I'm not thinking of moving to Soho but is it true that it's like Britain's own New York based on crime and gang violence?

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.