Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where would you rather study - Montreal or Barcelona? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Friend is caught between two location options for a 6 month study placement - Montreal or Barcelona. He's a big an of art culture and beaches.. sounds like Montreal is already out of the running... but Montreal has better supervisors.

Any opinions/experiences would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    On a purely personal basis I'd go for Montréal (because I'm moving to Spain anyway in January and now having lived in France, I'd love to live in French Canada).

But why should he?

Because it's further away from Europe and because Canada's so different to here it's inexplicable in a sentence.

Why shouldn't he?

Because he likes beaches and presumably hot weather, neither of which are found in Montréal. Also he likes art. The modern art scene is unbeatable in Barcelona.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Barcelona, por que es muy guapa.

ReputationRep:
    personally i'd go for montreal, because i speak better french than spanish and i'd love to go to canada.
    but it sounds like he'd be happier in barcelona if thats where all the things that interest him are!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.