Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

so many young kids alone in shopping centres Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am fed up with seeing young kids like at the age of 6-10 etc who think they are mature enough to hang out at shopping centres with their friends

parents couldn't give a damn what happens to them, I mean someone could kidnap them and parent wouldn't care

I mean why are so many kids going out alone without parents

ReputationRep:
    LOL.

Did you get mugged by one of them?

Bet you did.

ReputationRep:
    I saw a group of ~6 year olds on their own when I was shopping yesterday.. certainly shouldn't be allowed out so young. I went to town on my own for the first time when I was 12!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 01jtiong)
    I am fed up with seeing young kids
    Don't look?:dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    When I was 10/11 I used ride to skate parks like 15-20 possibly 25 miles away from home with a gang of my friends and well, I'm fine.

ReputationRep:
    I am fed up with seeing young kids like at the age of 6-10 etc who think they are mature enough to hang out at shopping centres with their friends

parents couldn't give a damn what happens to them, I mean someone could kidnap them and parent wouldn't care

I mean why are so many kids going out alone without parents
    Hlaf of them are chavs anyway. Haven't they got schools to go to?

(Original post by Gemma :)!)
    I saw a group of ~6 year olds on their own when I was shopping yesterday.. certainly shouldn't be allowed out so young. I went to town on my own for the first time when I was 12!
    This, exactly.

ReputationRep:
    thats was during the time when crime wasn't that bad not crime has got worse with child snatchers or abduction etc

ReputationRep:
    I was going to town alone when I was 9 :dontknow:. My parents definitely did care. My parents were just far more trusting, and there was the golden rule: If a strange man comes up to you, knee him in the balls as hard as you can, then run. :awesome: But they are not doing you any harm, so just leave them alone. You are not a parent, you have no idea what their situation is i.e. does a parent work there, have they gone off to do their own stuff for 30 mins and meet back at McDonalds afterwards. You have no idea :no:

ReputationRep:
    I think children should all learn to drive by the age of nine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bektas)
    LOL.

Did you get mugged by one of them?

Bet you did.
    Mugged and raped...

And no-one would do anything, if anything they'd just point and laugh...

ReputationRep:
    This isn't some "paedos lurking around every corner" Daily Express column. Now **** off.

ReputationRep:
    More and more people are looking up to Chick Norris these days, problem is that alot of these people havent reached puberty yet.

ReputationRep:
    I think people are bad at estimating ages. I seriously doubt a group of 6 year olds were hanging out on their own. That's Year 1 or 2 - a lot of kids that age can't dress themselves properly, can't talk in a lucid manner and cling to their teacher while he takes the register.

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed the same thing. I was only allowed to the shops about 5 minutes away from my house when I was about 10, let alone to the shopping centres.

ReputationRep:
    I did the same at age 10.... I mostly went to the local park and play 5-a-side all day, and go shops whenever.

I think age 9 should be the treshold, some 10 year olds appear rather.... mature, though not entirely of course.

ReputationRep:
    I went into town when I was 10, and I don't see anything wrong with this if you are sensible and don't act like a bunch of chavvy idiots.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've noticed this. Lack of discipline. :nn:

ReputationRep:
    I never seen 6 year olds shopping alone

ReputationRep:
    I saw a bunch of what looked like five year olds walking down a street on there own... some guy actually had pull over and help them cross the road.. they had no idea. Everyone was just looking in astonishment at wtf was going on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    Yeah I first went out to " town " or to the mall when I was about 12, but I've been going to the corner shop/sainsbury's on my own since about 7/8 tbh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.