Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Ten days ago, I sent my UCAS application. Today, I took LNAT, and just after the exam I saw the 'unsuccessful' application sign from the University of Manchester. Manchester was not really my top choice, but I'm worried about the other unis that I'm applying to, namely Notts, Bristol, SOAS and Warwick.

Considering that I'm an international student, does it mean that I will also get rejections from those other universities?

ReputationRep:
    yea yea 'rejected by'.. what? i'm just nervous, right now

ReputationRep:
    Lol....!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't mean to ask you whether I would be automatically rejected, but I simply want to ask the standards. Should a rejection from a university, with relatively lower entry requirements, make me think that I will be rejected from others, with higher standards?

ReputationRep:
    no it doesn't! I got rejected from Manchester (AAB) for politics, but got into Durham (AAA). So don't panic yet! It isn't uncommon to get a rejection from a lower uni and to get into your higher choices, after all your application is aimed at the higher ones.

ReputationRep:
    thanks a lot. I'm just relieved by the Durham example

ReputationRep:
    No problem. I got my rejection before I got accepted into Durham, so I felt, and paniced, just like you! haha. But it really isn't anything to worry about yet. All courses are different, but I'm sure things like this happen in law courses aswell as politics. Good luck with your other choices

ReputationRep:
    Rejected as an international student at Manchester? You aren't EU, I assume?

Are you from Asia? This could be a reason.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think that it was a reason for rejection?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, everyone hates Turkey they have the worst males.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, dear: u'r in the wrong adress. this is not a try-out for an eros centre in germany..
    good luck with your future career.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CURMEH)
    I didn't mean to ask you whether I would be automatically rejected, but I simply want to ask the standards. Should a rejection from a university, with relatively lower entry requirements, make me think that I will be rejected from others, with higher standards?
    I got rejected from UCL with AAB for ABB and accepted to Cardiff for AAB for History so dont worry

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

this might not really help you. but I am an international student myself - I am from Italy. I got a conditional offer just a few days ago - so whatever Ms. Coffey is on there I am pretty sure that the University of Manchester would not reject you because of your nationality!

I am sure that you'll get a place in another University! so don't worry

ReputationRep:
    Its life. When you apply for jobs you'll get rejected from crappy places you expected to get an offer from and may well get unexpected offers.

If it gives comfort I got rejected from Manchester but accepted to Oxbridge...

ReputationRep:
    hey guys,

after I received 'unsuccessful', I sent them an email asking for the reason. They returned me asking for certain clarification about my Turkish diploma.

A week ago, the head of their Law Department sent me an email stating that he is in a position to offer me a place. Just after I saw her email, I checked out my ucas track, and the ugly unsuccessful was changed to a beautiful 'Unconditional'.

So, I just wanted to share it with you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam0311)
    Rejected as an international student at Manchester? You aren't EU, I assume?

Are you from Asia? This could be a reason.

How would being from Asia be a possible reason? :-/ I highly doubt universities discriminate based on a person's nationality!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.