Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

all linguistics

wondering if you can help me, :confused:

morphology is the problem

can anyone help me with morophical analysis of the following words for example,

Expects
    Backstabbing
    rediscover
    out side

and to do a syntaxical analysis (vp, np) and trees of the following sentences:

Jane norman is a great swimmer
    I know that Lilly loves dancing

Please can anyone help??? much appricated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fireflies)
    Hi

all linguistics

wondering if you can help me, :confused:

morphology is the problem

can anyone help me with morophical analysis of the following words for example,

Expects
    Backstabbing
    rediscover
    out side

and to do a syntaxical analysis (vp, np) and trees of the following sentences:

Jane norman is a great swimmer
    I know that Lilly loves dancing

Please can anyone help??? much appricated
    Hi , yeah I should be able to help you. I am not sure what you mean by the morphological analysis, other than breaking them down into morphemes and saying how they have been formed. eg, concatenative or ablaut morphology, and if it is concatenative( as I think they all are) how has it been formed - prefixation/infixation/circumfixation that sort of thing.

I can draw those trees for you yeah. I am not sure how to do them for you though , I guess I could upload them as JPEGs. Also I don't know how much detail you need , so if this is for an assessment or something, and I introduce a concept you havent done, it might be a bit weird. If you tell me exactly what you need though I can do them.

Happy to help whatever.

Where and what are you studying by the way ??

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.