Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you go for this kind of girl.. Watch

Well, I just saw the other tread about the guy with good body, but ugly face and I decided to ask about my problem...

I've got pretty face - I've been said so many times; a couple of people I know who work as artists or in the fashion industry had said that my features are really unique and so on. I'm also quite tall.

The thing is, I don't have the fit body to go with that face, at least not now. I had some problems (close to an eating disorder..). After losing too much weight and then putting in back when health problems occured, I'm now losing weight in the proper way so the preserve my health, but the process is slow in order to not get obsessed again with not eating at all. Till I got fit again, I'm stuck with being fat, which I'm not used to and at the same time I wonder if there is a type of boy who would like a girl like me - pretty face, nice personality and not that astonishing body..
    (I've never had a boyfriend till now, 'cause I was too shy before and well, actually not interested in romantic relationships. And now, when I want to be in a relationship with someone, I don't have the confidence to go for it.)

ReputationRep:
    yhhh you have nothing to worry about, most guys aren't that picky.

face comes first.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'll be fine

Just go for it, be confident and you'll be ok!

ReputationRep:
    You sound like a gentle soul, a humble nature with good use of grammar. HOLD ME NOW. LET US BE MARRIED FOR ALL ETERNITY!

But yeah, I'm sure you'll be fine . Confidence is the key!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you sound nice, I mean it's not all about vanity.You don't sound embaressing.

Whatever flaws you have your nature makes up for it!
    If a guy can't see past your body is he really worth it?
    Good luck Tom

Well I'm screwed I'm the ugly duckling who turned into the sadistic goose.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it alot of men are not that picky if you have a pretty face and nice personality. Weight isn't an issue if you mean you're just regular "fat" and not like large.
    Have some confidence in yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Previous posts sum it up, you sound really nice, actually! If whichever guy you get together with can't appreciate your good traits (like impressive use of grammar as karateworm pointed out, highly attractive :sexface:), then he's shallow and not worth it!

ReputationRep:
    it really depends how fat you are :/. I know this girl who was very pretty at school with a nice body, and 5 months later i saw her at my gym and she looks like a whale... hmm, not attractive. It really depends if your fat, or you just may not be happy with your body but it's still fine :/

ReputationRep:
    Well it's hard to say if i would OVER THE INTERNET. O_o.

ReputationRep:
    Well seeing as i'm female i may not have alot to go on however, not everyone has the perfect body or even perfect anything for that matter. So what if you're slightly chubby you don't want to be with someone who wouldn't want you just because of that. And good on you for trying improve your weight!

ReputationRep:
    Anal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hitmonchan)

face comes first.
    Nah man, stop been silly

All about the body really... Nice curves, average face is all that is needed...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hitmonchan)

face comes first.
    I beg to differ... However, since you have used the word most, I suppose I fall under the "few" category......body definitely matters, to me.. .I would rank body and face on the same level of importance....

OP, it is easier to change your "body", than to change your looks......try to just hit the gym....new year is approaching..so maybe that could be your "new year resolution"?..I dont know, just a suggestion...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by int_applicant)
    I beg to differ... However, since you have used the word most, I suppose I fall under the "few" category......body definitely matters, to me.. .I would rank body and face on the same level of importance....

OP, it is easier to change your "body", than to change your looks......try to just hit the gym....new year is approaching..so maybe that could be your "new year resolution"?..I dont know, just a suggestion...
    every guy has different tastes, i'm not trying to speak for everyone, it really depends on the type of guy she likes/wants to attract.

for me body does matter aswell, but a good personality and face and overcome lack of a great body if you get what i mean.........

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl, but If I was a boy I would totally go for that kind of girl as it is, I usually only go for older women lol x

ReputationRep:
    I think my girlfriend is the perfect balance: she's got a wee cute face and a great body, in my eyes.

For me, when I see some people with a really pretty face whom are very, ahem, 'big' it make me think to myself 'what a waste.'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karateworm)
    You sound like a gentle soul, a humble nature with good use of grammar. HOLD ME NOW. LET US BE MARRIED FOR ALL ETERNITY!

But yeah, I'm sure you'll be fine . Confidence is the key!
    I actually lold hard when i read this...
    can anyone imagine a tsr marriage?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AwsomePossum)
    You don't sound embaressing.
    Unlike that spelling.

ReputationRep:
    Oh come on, two out of three is hardly bad, is it? And anyway, it's completely stupid to assess attractiveness on three things. I'm sure if you looked at people you either like or liked in the past, you'd realise that they aren't 'perfect' either. You're incredibly lucky if you've got a nice face and personality. Remember that in terms of your weight, your health is important and not your appearance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sly Racoon)
    Unlike that spelling.
    I'm using iPod browser and it's on Spanish keyboard.....so my spelling is all the fault of Apple

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 16, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.