21-30
    9.38%
    31-40
    9.38%
    41+
    18.75%

ReputationRep:
    Do you spend on revision per A level subject ALL TOGETHER

By revision i mean past papers, writing notes and learning.. or whatever you do

i used to do like a maximum of about 5 hours per subject but this year i need to step it up a bit probably so wanted to see how many the people of TSR do.

ReputationRep:
    anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    who would ever want to do more than 41 hours :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chantelle0ox)
    who would ever want to do more than 41 hours :O
    mentalist's

ReputationRep:
    When I did A Levels I didn't spread my time equally across my subjects, for example Photography had no written exams so no revision, General Studies I just didn't revise for, but for English Lit I did about 15 hours and Law a bit more because I was rubbish at remembering case studies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JKGB)
    When I did A Levels I didn't spread my time equally across my subjects, for example Photography had no written exams so no revision, General Studies I just didn't revise for, but for English Lit I did about 15 hours and Law a bit more because I was rubbish at remembering case studies.
    ah okay thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiirk)
    Is this per month? I picked the 0-10 one. I think I do about 3-4 hours when exam periods kick in. Right now I'm doing about an hour a subject per week.

Surely this should have 0-5 as well?
    its just like per exam all together

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiirk)
    I'd be in the 20-30 band then.

I remember when I was doing my AS exams, I told my cousin who was doing GCSE's that I was doing an hour a day for a month.

Apparently she thought I was doing an hour PER subject She was doing about 6 hours a day for three months before her exams.

Needless to say she got 7 A*'s I didn't...
    :eek:
    How did she manage to get time for that!
    i go to sixth from 5 days a week and work 3 days a week on top of that.

a girl at my school got the best GCSE's in england or something and she was literally locked in her room for MONTHS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiirk)
    I don't know!

She done Duke of Edinburgh Silver - and also Ten Tours (I think). Now doing Gold award.

She also worked about 8 hours a week too. Whilst also a member of a local drama performance group, which meets every week.

It's ridiculous, I could but I'm too lazy :headfire:
    ha sammmeeee!

ReputationRep:
    i'm surprised that most people only do 0-10 :O

ReputationRep:
    I put 41+, because during my A Levels, I did 2hrs per subject per week pure revision at the weekends (which was 8 hours altogether; 4 hours on Sat, 4 hours on Sun.. not much really) which must have added up to a lot over the year. Plus towards exams I did 2-4 hours per night of revision, so I probably did an awful lot altogether D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    I put 41+, because during my A Levels, I did 2hrs per subject per week pure revision at the weekends (which was 8 hours altogether; 4 hours on Sat, 4 hours on Sun.. not much really) which must have added up to a lot over the year. Plus towards exams I did 2-4 hours per night of revision, so I probably did an awful lot altogether D:
    ah that seems fair
    if you dont mind me asking what grades did you get?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles0ox)
    ah that seems fair
    if you dont mind me asking what grades did you get?
    AAAB.

ReputationRep:
    AAAB.
    WOW
    well done

ReputationRep:
    WOW
    well done
    Cheers.
    2 of the As were really scraped, though. I'm one of those people who has to work really hard to get good grades.

ReputationRep:
    Over Christmas hols I've got 5 hours a day planned except for about 4 days (including Christmas day)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamijack)
    Over Christmas hols I've got 5 hours a day planned except for about 4 days (including Christmas day)
    ah right and how many subjects is that for?

ReputationRep:
    Cheers.
    2 of the As were really scraped, though. I'm one of those people who has to work really hard to get good grades.
    Same i think, except ive never worked hard till this year
    so hopefully ill do well if i put the effort in

ReputationRep:
    ah right and how many subjects is that for?
    Three, Philosophy, Biology and Psychology.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamijack)
    Three, Philosophy, Biology and Psychology.
    oh okay thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.