Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why am I not getting a response and what shoud I do? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Okay so heres what happened.

I'm an American student. I applied at Exeter for study abroad. The minimum requirements are that you have a 3.0 and at least one year of study at another University. I am in my second year and have a 3.2.

So I got an email rejecting me because I was not a second year student. It was a misunderstanding because I switch Universities, the people in the study abroad office thought that I had re-started my studies and was not taking second year classes.

So I figured, alright just a misunderstanding, no problem. I emailed her explaining what was going on. No repsonse. Sent her another email. Nothing. So I emailed her co-worker. Nothing. Emailed the international office, twice. Nothing.

I asked them in my email if I could apply for next year. Absolutely no response. I was wondering if I should call admissions instead. I would at least expect an email from them saying no or something. They have all been so helpful to me in the past I don't know why I'm being ignored. What should I do?

I should also point out I got accepted to Leeds Newcastle and Nottingham

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry about Exeter if you have an offer from Nottingham, I'd ring up though if I was you although I know it might be expensive due to you being an international.

Looking at the thread title, I immediately thought you were either referring to UCAS, a relationship problem or an unconscious person on your floor ...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ArcadiaHouse)
      Looking at the thread title, I immediately thought you were either referring to UCAS, a relationship problem or an unconscious person on your floor ...

Oh Dear..... haha

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.