Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Good evening y'all,

Me (Black) and oy friend (also black) were discussing the tone of skin.
    And we happen to stumble into a sticky area...

What I want to know is, what are your thoughts to this statement. I more or less want a true or false reply and why if u really want to.

"As Jamaican, People Class Me As Black. As A African People Class You As Dark"

(Wow, jus read it.. actually sounds funny )

So, what do you think?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steadmusic)
    Good evening y'all,

What I want to know is, what are your thoughts to this statement. I more or less want a true or false reply and why if u really want to.

So, what do you think?

Cheers
    Tone Damli Aaberge is a Norwegian singer. (:

ReputationRep:
    i don't get it. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    i thought it was black both ways although some people say I'm not black (I am), sometimes it kind of annooys/ confuses me. didn't a lot of the Caribbeans originate from west africa anyway

ReputationRep:
    middle C

ReputationRep:
    Fairly humorously toned, sometimes serious. It varies. I'd know, I'm african.

ReputationRep:
    Black is black, what is the problem. Maybe you have lighter tone, but only because there is some white in you, and that is all.

And sometimes genes make you light, there are light Africans.

ReputationRep:
    #4A3A23

ReputationRep:
    Africans think im white. I'm mixed race

ReputationRep:
    i didnt know there were different tones to africans. I thought it was just black or african...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 12345hi)
    i didnt know there were different tones to africans. I thought it was just black or african...

what if you're black AND african which is what I'd presume they are?
    i didn't think they were mutually exclusive

ReputationRep:
    OMDS!!!!!! TOO Much people!!
    U gave me joke!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steadmusic)
    Good evening y'all,

So, what do you think?

Cheers
    Have you been smoking some hashish?

ReputationRep:
    stupid thread since not all africans are blick

you can really light skinned ones to really blick africans

ReputationRep:
    I think they are a pinch of fuschia with a dash of burgundy and a large splash of onyx.

ReputationRep:
    Clearly trollin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsgoquack)
    #4A3A23
    :rofl:

I don't know why that amuses me so much.

ReputationRep:
    just thought i'd add to the mix,

im latina from northern south america herefore a mix of spanish,creole and various indigenous indians.

white british always think im indian because im brown skinned. but indians and blacks can tell im not from their area as my skin is a dark copper RED tone not yellowish brown like asians or nut brown like africans. my skin is so red toned that for ages instead of using foundation i used Boots kids bright pink sunscreen stick because the fuschia pink blended well with my skin (anyone notice foundations always make dark skin ashy?)

this is where the phrase 'red indians' came frm i guess. amerindians really are red.
    i look kinda like pocahontas actually

do caribbian blacks have redder skin than africans? i can tell the difference straightaway between a caribbean black and an african, like me most caribbeans have high pronounced cheekbones, soft rounded jawline, a flat area around the mouth, and a slight single eyelid (epilanthic fold a bit like chinese people) tot he eyes), they also look like they have thinner skin than africans. anyone who hangs with alot of caribbeans will know the look i mean. if i walk down the road in london people sometimes come up to me and start talking to me becuase a fellow caribbean can recognise our look which is rare in this country.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.