Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

cant find a cheap squat rack anywhere online, do you know of any vendors? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking for a cheap or used squat-bench rack so I don't have to rely on a spotter, I've checked ebay and amazon and other websites but I don't live anywhere near the sellers in order to collect it

could you help a sports-mad lad out please?

any websites you know about or anyone you know that wants to sell/get rid of a squat rack?

thanks in advanced...

ReputationRep:

(Original post by TheWaterfield)
    Also, generally that website has very good deals. For example: http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/...r-catchers.php

Anyways, hope you find what you're looking for.
    Thanks for your response, but unfortunately I can't afford that kind of money.
    Do you know of any used exercise equipment sites?

ReputationRep:
    How cheap is cheap?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWaterfield)
    Only craigslist and gumtree. Argos has really cheap ones although I doubt they can support over 80kg. I think you should start saving money, the only alternative is to make one yourself...

(Original post by Double Agent)
    How cheap is cheap?
    definitely not over £80
    I was hoping <£60

ReputationRep:
    WIth that sort of money you are probably best joining a decent but simple gym.

ReputationRep:
    you can get squat stands in price category

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Double Agent)
    WIth that sort of money you are probably best joining a decent but simple gym.
    im not paying to join a gym for the simple joy of exercise when it can be done with no equipment whatsoever using your very own body!
    i tended to do body weight exercises pull ups, press ups, core work, squats, dips, lunges, handstand press ups etc but ive got loads of weights and a bench in the garage which have been there for a while and im trying to get stronger for football, rugby and boxing

ive got all the equipment but need a rack otherwise i cant lift more than 50kg on bench press or perhaps 60kg on squat

ReputationRep:
    You could definitely get squat stands for £60, I got my stands for £40 and my bench for £40. But if you want a proper cage/rack you probably won't be able to buy anything for less than £100.

But you might be able to build one out of scaffolding. There are a few online write-ups of people doing this. They're **** strong cages too, and if you can source the poles cheaply enough you could pull it off.

Also, do you have a 7ft olympic bar, a 6ft 'olympic' bar, or a standard 1" bar?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    You could definitely get squat stands for £60, I got my stands for £40 and my bench for £40. But if you want a proper cage/rack you probably won't be able to buy anything for less than £100.

But you might be able to build one out of scaffolding. There are a few online write-ups of people doing this. They're **** strong cages too, and if you can source the poles cheaply enough you could pull it off.

Also, do you have a 7ft olympic bar, a 6ft 'olympic' bar, or a standard 1" bar?
    Not for anything less than £100. Some places will probably sell you the poles cheaply but it will almost certainly be all of the old bent/scrap poles which are impossible to work with.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't burningnun have a wooden one that could support a decent amount of weight?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.rosstraining.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1

Go down to squat stands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    You could definitely get squat stands for £60, I got my stands for £40
    did you buy your stands online?
    if so, could you please link me?

I have a standard 5" something bar

ReputationRep:
    Just scour ebay and gumtree.

ReputationRep:
    You can make them very easily. My friend who is a skinny turd just began starting strength went to B and Q got some wood and nails... They can easily withstand 300 pounds.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 18, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.