Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I've got an interview on Friday 17th and I'm travelling up to York tomorrow as there aren't any trains that arrive early enough. I was just wondering if anyone could advise me as to the weather you're currently experiencing? Obviously I have checked weather forecasts, but with the probability of snow I was wondering if anyone could confirm this?

Kind regards

willtang3000

ReputationRep:
    We've got hardly any snow/ice left, transport is pretty much back to normal

According to the latest forecast we're going to get more snow on Friday night and Saturday, but not as much as last time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loonyplatypus)
    We've got hardly any snow/ice left, transport is pretty much back to normal

According to the latest forecast we're going to get more snow on Friday night and Saturday, but not as much as last time.
    Thank you! I cannot wait to see York!

Fingers crossed I won't be stuck in the middle of nowhere with no prospects of getting home :lol:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willtang3000)
    Thank you! I cannot wait to see York!

Fingers crossed I won't be stuck in the middle of nowhere with no prospects of getting home :lol:.
    xD York's hardly in the middle of nowhere, you'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    At the moment it's kinda snowing/sleeting, but it's too warm and wet to be really settling properly on the ground.

Loadsa people are travelling home from uni in these few days, so you won't be the only one with travelling problems if it gets worse!

Here's to hoping all trains are okay...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puppet Strings)
    At the moment it's kinda snowing/sleeting, but it's too warm and wet to be really settling properly on the ground.

Loadsa people are travelling home from uni in these few days, so you won't be the only one with travelling problems if it gets worse!

Here's to hoping all trains are okay...
    I'm at Alcuin college and I can't see any snow? :confused:

Ironically back at home, in the south there it's snowing at the moment so it looks as if I will be stuck in London!

ReputationRep:

Ironically back at home, in the south there it's snowing at the moment so it looks as if I will be stuck in London!
    Woooo, Alcuin :woo:

ReputationRep:

Was snowing earlier, quite heavily even, but it didn't settle. Not yet anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loonyplatypus)
    Woooo, Alcuin :woo:
    It was indeed a great place although if I do manage to get an offer (despite my shocking interview) then I'd like to apply for accommodation in Derwent as I've heard many great things about it's socials.

(Original post by Kerny)
    Was snowing earlier, quite heavily even, but it didn't settle. Not yet anyway
    Managed to miss it back at home and York then! :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I'm liking this "woo, Alcuin" mentality on this thread

ReputationRep:
    Hardly any snow on the ground and no heavy snow is forecast for Leeds

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.