The Student Room Group

Leaving out a GCSE D grade?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Minerva
Your Head of Year was giving inappropriate advice, then.

The issue is not about benefit - it's about the ethics/honesty of submitting an application on the basis that it is complete and accurate, knowing that it was not.

Well it's not really an ethics thing in my book, if i lied about getting a higher grade in a subject, then fair enough. But C grades at GCSE for Uni are barely a help, and I always leave my two D GCSE grades off my CV, they aren't any use.
Reply 21
Original post by FTstudies
Well it's not really an ethics thing in my book, if i lied about getting a higher grade in a subject, then fair enough. But C grades at GCSE for Uni are barely a help, and I always leave my two D GCSE grades off my CV, they aren't any use.
Leaving them off your CV is fine. What is not fine is deliberately suppressing information you have been asked for: the UCAS form explicitly requires you to declare all qualifications you hold, whether you want to or not, and a D grade at GCSE is a qualification. It may not be of any use to you, but that's not the point. When you submitted your form you were declaring that you had provided all the required information. In your case, this was a lie. End of.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending