Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have 5 exams coming up;
    history unit 1 AS resit ( i'm on page 41/258 on one of my books! havn't started other!)- but i have honestly been workign and trying to revise history from that book :/ HOW CAN I GET MORE OF IT DONE? in about 1 hour 20 mins- i ldid about 7 pages :s (rough idea of how i work ) - im still going to need ot go over the stuff after ive learnt all the book
    history unit 2 AS ( do past quesions, source practice)
    politics unit 2 AS (started taking notes)
    Economics a2 ( I'm going to start this now)
    Economics unit 2 AS - i got 76% ..so not my top priority as others..

History coursework- started research

I really need 80% + in my resits, and im shiiiitttttin myself knowing exams are next motn, history unit 1 is 13th jan..

do i even have enough time realistically to learn everything? best way to revise history? i tread through teh pages, then highlight, then take notes, and then do summaries, and when i still dont understand i do more notes... :/

Ugh...i am scared...

What should i do? realistically can i get all the revision done?

ReputationRep:
    get off TSR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles0ox)
    get off TSR?
    I'm only on it atm, because i'm waiting for my food to digest! Cannot work on a full stomach. Whilst i'm on here, just wanted some positve reasaurance..

ReputationRep:
    just do your best, what else can you do? work as hard as you can and if it's not enough then at least you know you gave it your all.

i do science subjects so i don't really know how useful this is but instead of reading a 250 text book, summarise everything you possibly can into really brief notes so you end up with all the most basic points you need to remember. once you have that, you know you can at least answer the questions you need to - knowing a little bit about everything might be more beneficial than knowing a few things really well.

then, for GOOD answers, with whatever remaining time you have expand on the notes you've made.

ReputationRep:
    Just try your hardest. And when you feel like procrastinating just think about what could happen if you do well or thing about something happy like bunnies. That makes revision much better because it pushes you to do more work, not the bunnies but maybe pushing yourself for the consequences.
    But do what the person said above, summarise and make sure you have the key points down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helpneeded-a)
    I have 5 exams coming up;
    history unit 1 AS resit ( i'm on page 41/258 on one of my books! havn't started other!)- but i have honestly been workign and trying to revise history from that book :/ HOW CAN I GET MORE OF IT DONE? in about 1 hour 20 mins- i ldid about 7 pages :s (rough idea of how i work ) - im still going to need ot go over the stuff after ive learnt all the book
    history unit 2 AS ( do past quesions, source practice)
    politics unit 2 AS (started taking notes)
    Economics a2 ( I'm going to start this now)
    Economics unit 2 AS - i got 76% ..so not my top priority as others..

History coursework- started research

I really need 80% + in my resits, and im shiiiitttttin myself knowing exams are next motn, history unit 1 is 13th jan..

do i even have enough time realistically to learn everything? best way to revise history? i tread through teh pages, then highlight, then take notes, and then do summaries, and when i still dont understand i do more notes... :/

Ugh...i am scared...

What should i do? realistically can i get all the revision done?
    To me it sounds like you're not really learning by just reading things over. I personally don't learn anything that way either as I find it far easier to learn visually (or practically).

Try making some rather large brainstorms (or "thought showers" if I'm to be PC, but then again this is TSR)! Start at the centre with the subject module and then branch off. Each initial branch would be another brainstorm and so on. After you add a new branch learn to talk about how you got there - do it out loud (even if it's to yourself). Eventually you'll be amazed at how much you can remember.

I did it for my A2 Psychology exam and could recall the majority of the mindmap and talk about each leaf / branch like it was nothing.

Also, don't overdo it. You have a lot you learn, yes. But trying to cram it into your brain will not work. Do it in 20 minute sessions before taking 10 minutes to relax by watching TV, phoning a friend, anything.

Finally, if visual learning doesn't work for you then collar your friends and family. If you can teach something to someone who knows nothing about what you're teaching then you'll learn it really easily.

Edit: I also find that writing pages of notes actually makes the revision process longer as you have to first read the material you're making notes from; then make notes and THEN read your notes to revise. By doing what I described above you can just talk about it aloud to yourself and get it done a lot quicker!

Hope this helps.

-JT

ReputationRep:
    i thought you literally meant you were incapable of controlling your bladder when i clicked onto this thread...

ReputationRep:
    Answer Questions Answer Questions Answer Questions= Past Papers

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.