Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is what I want to write in Italian:

My name is Jane and I am 21 years old. I am english and I speak english and a little French. I live in London. London is good because it has lots of shops. I live with my boyfriend who is called John. We like to cook together. I like all italian food and John likes all chinese food. As for drinks, i like coffee, fruit juice and wine. I do not like lots of sport but I like cycling. As for music, i like electro. My favourite colour is red.

I study History of Art at the University of Warwick. At the moment I work part time as a waiter but when in the future I would like to work in Italy as a journalist or a lecturer. Italy is very beautiful!

My dad is called Edward, he works in a bank, and he is very funny. My mum is called Elizabeth, she is a housewife, and she is nice. I have one sister called Lucy. Her husband is called Nathan. They have a son called Harry and he is my only nephew but at the moment Lucy is pregnant!

This is what I have so far:

Mi chiamo Jane e ho ventuno anni. Sono inglese e parlo inglese e un po' di francese. Abito a London. Mi piace London perché ci sono molti negozi. Abito con il mio ragazzo, John. Ci piace cucinare insieme. Mi piace tutti i piatti italiani e John piace tutti i piatti cinese. Come per le bevande, mi piacciono; il caffè, il succo di frutta e il vino. Non mi piace molto lo sport ma mi piace il ciclismo. Come la musica, mi piace la musica elettronica. Il mio colore preferito è il rosso.

Studio la Storia dell'Arte all'Universita di Warwick. Al momento lavoro part-time come la cameriera ma in futuro vorrei lavorare in Italia come la giornalista o la conferenziera. Italia è molto bLucy!

Mio padre si chiama Edward, lavora in una banca, e è molto buffo. Mia madre si chiama Elizabeth, è la casalinga, e è simpatica. Ho una sorella si chiama Lucy. Suo morito si chiama Nathan. Hanno un figlio si chiama Harry, lui è mio solo nipote ma al momento Lucy è insinta!

I am particularly unsure on the use of 'we like to cook together' and 'as for' (AS for drinks, i like/AS for music, i like/i work part time AS a waitress/i want to work in italy AS a journalist or lecturer)

any help would be fantastic, exam tomorrow! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bridie1)
    This is what I want to write in Italian:

My name is Jane and I am 21 years old. I am english and I speak english and a little French. I live in London. London is good because it has lots of shops. I live with my boyfriend who is called John. We like to cook together. I like all italian food and John likes all chinese food. As for drinks, i like coffee, fruit juice and wine. I do not like lots of sport but I like cycling. As for music, i like electro. My favourite colour is red.

I study History of Art at the University of Warwick. At the moment I work part time as a waiter but when in the future I would like to work in Italy as a journalist or a lecturer. Italy is very beautiful!

My dad is called Edward, he works in a bank, and he is very funny. My mum is called Elizabeth, she is a housewife, and she is nice. I have one sister called Lucy. Her husband is called Nathan. They have a son called Harry and he is my only nephew but at the moment Lucy is pregnant!

This is what I have so far:

Mi chiamo Jane e ho ventuno anni. Sono inglese e parlo inglese e un po' di francese. Abito a London. Mi piace London perché ci sono molti negozi. Abito con il mio ragazzo, John. Ci piace cucinare insieme. Mi piace tutti i piatti italiani e John piace tutti i piatti cinese. Come per le bevande, mi piacciono; il caffè, il succo di frutta e il vino. Non mi piace molto lo sport ma mi piace il ciclismo. Come la musica, mi piace la musica elettronica. Il mio colore preferito è il rosso.

Studio la Storia dell'Arte all'Universita di Warwick. Al momento lavoro part-time come la cameriera ma in futuro vorrei lavorare in Italia come la giornalista o la conferenziera. Italia è molto bLucy!

Mio padre si chiama Edward, lavora in una banca, e è molto buffo. Mia madre si chiama Elizabeth, è la casalinga, e è simpatica. Ho una sorella si chiama Lucy. Suo morito si chiama Nathan. Hanno un figlio si chiama Harry, lui è mio solo nipote ma al momento Lucy è insinta!

I am particularly unsure on the use of 'we like to cook together' and 'as for' (AS for drinks, i like/AS for music, i like/i work part time AS a waitress/i want to work in italy AS a journalist or lecturer)

any help would be fantastic, exam tomorrow! x
    I only did a beginners Italian course and speak some Spanish so I don't know a lot but here are the things I did notice:
    -I live in London= Abito in Londra
    -I live with my boyfriend, who's called John... I can't remember it in Italian but in Spanish when you say 'I live with my boyfriend who is called...' you say 'Vivo con mi novio, que se llama John' so with Italian I'm pretty sure its 'chi si chiama' (who is called) which you've done later anyway.
    -When you say 'I like' you said 'mi piace tutti i piatti italiani' Now I'm not sure what piatti is but I'm pretty sure that should be 'mi piacciono' as the rest of the sentence is plural so it has to agree. Later I see you've made a list and made the 'mi piacciono' for more than one thing. Now I'm not sure about that but I think it could just be 'Mi piace X,Y,Z' and the plural is for plural things i.e. mi piacciono gli spaghetti...mi piacciono gli studenti...

But your Italian seems pretty good and I notice we have the same interests-wanting to live in Italy when older and become journalists. How long have you been studying?

ReputationRep:
    Hey sorry only just checked back, as originally when i posted this i only had a couple of days til the exam. thanks for the help though. ive just been studying one term at uni (which is 3 hours per week for 10 weeks.) i am enjoying it but it seems a long way til i can speak my way around a job in italy! how about you?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.