Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    dsad

ReputationRep:
    Just live with it would be my guess, I'm afraid.

I lived with one girl who would hate me for the smallest thing and wouldn't talk to me for two weeks at a time before apologising.

Second year was the best year of my life so far. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    If she's your friend's twin, and you live together, you just have to deal with her I guess.
    Try and avoid confrontations, but at the same stand your ground and don't be a doormat. Don't do too many favours for her, she'll just end up using you like some kind of lackey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Just live with it would be my guess, I'm afraid.

I lived with one girl who would hate me for the smallest thing and wouldn't talk to me for two weeks at a time before apologising.

Second year was the best year of my life so far. :moon:
    Yeah true, true. I think i'm gonna make an effort to maybe make quite a new set of friends next semester/2nd year. I suppose I just feel a bit bad, as if 1st year was a fail in terms of friends although on the surface it certainly doesn't look like it! Oh well, my course is 4 years so plenty of time

ReputationRep:
    Try to get everyone else to see your point of view about her? If it was me I would have a chat to the other people in your group, when the offending girl is not around, and see if you can pick up if they agree with you, by listening for hints and their tone of voice, and just the general reaction.

ReputationRep:
    **** seriously!!! I really cannot believe theres spoilt little brats out there, if i was you i would ****ing tell her to go and **** herself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RELAXED)
    Try to get everyone else to see your point of view about her? If it was me I would have a chat to the other people in your group, when the offending girl is not around, and see if you can pick up if they agree with you, by listening for hints and their tone of voice, and just the general reaction.
    Yeah they all agree as well. Its just basically her twin who still sides with her. Not much we can do though. We like her twin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billydodger)
    Yeah they all agree as well. Its just basically her twin who still sides with her. Not much we can do though. We like her twin.
    Can't you get the twin on your side? I mean, obviously they are sisters... but I would try to spin it that it would be good for the domineering twin if twin2 doesn't stick up for her a bit. Because it would help everyone in the group, and make people get along better. This is actually true (by the sound of it).

If that might work, then you need to get some people who know twin2 well to help out with convincing her not to allow twin1 to be so domineering. ?
    Also, make sure twin2 has a strong relationship with other people, and feels like they are ready to stick up for her, because if she'll only act against her sister if she feels well supported!

Basically it all rides on twin2 because she is the one who sticks up for twin1.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RELAXED)
    Can't you get the twin on your side? I mean, obviously they are sisters... but I would try to spin it that it would be good for the domineering twin if twin2 doesn't stick up for her a bit. Because it would help everyone in the group, and make people get along better. This is actually true (by the sound of it).

If that might work, then you need to get some people who know twin2 well to help out with convincing her not to allow twin1 to be so domineering. ?
    Also, make sure twin2 has a strong relationship with other people, and feels like they are ready to stick up for her, because if she'll only act against her sister if she feels well supported!

Basically it all rides on twin2 because she is the one who sticks up for twin1.
    lol....twins are so close.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 16, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.