Does Reading uni have a good rep.?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
edufly
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I have got an offer from Reading for geog and economics as well as from Lancaster. However, looking at the league tables I find that reading isn't as high as I would of thought.
Does it have a good quality reputation?
cobra
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think there both reputable universities, neither are the best in the contry but they are a very long way from the worst and a degree from either would be respected
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by eddiedaboss)
I have got an offer from Reading for geog and economics as well as from Lancaster. However, looking at the league tables I find that reading isn't as high as I would of thought.
Does it have a good quality reputation?
Reading is not a bad place. It has a better reputation than Lancaster. Between the two, go for Reading.

J.
watford110
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
Reading is excellent in the Earth sciences - having a large research facility with NERC (the people who fund earth sciences research in the UK) and being the centre for meteorology in the UK (it's the only uni that is recognised by the meteorological society).

I'd definately go 4 lancaster. Reading as a town is just a large business park!!
edufly
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by watford110)
I'd definately go 4 lancaster. Reading as a town is just a large business park!!

Well although Lancaster may beat Reading in attractiveness...it would be more convenient to chose Reading - its only an hour from London.
Barny
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
That makes it more expensive though, and although Reading has a better rep than Lancaster, Lancaster averages 12 places higher in the league tables.
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by watford110)
:eek: Reading is not just a business park! Infact, there are only 2 major business parks in Raeding, 1 at junction 11 and 1 at junction 12 of the M4. Ands those are situated there because of the proximity and ease to get to London (i'm sure geographers have heard the phrase 'M4 Corridor' before). I'd say Reading would be a much better place than Lancaster, abeit more expensive. I certainly enjoyed living in Reading anyway, there are far more worse places to live i'm sure!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (83)
18.74%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (90)
20.32%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (84)
18.96%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (96)
21.67%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (44)
9.93%
I haven't started researching yet (46)
10.38%

Watched Threads