Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

A question for Law students~ Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello there~!

I have recently sent off my UCAS application for Law. Alas, my A Level grades hit a big dip during last year, due to personal issues getting in the way of my studies. (Note: I don't blame others for my failures here- this was entirely my fault for not working on an appropriate coping strategy).

I was wondering what the workload is like for the Law degree? I hear off of many that "Yes, you will still have a social life", but equally I hear that "Nope, you'll be forever locked in your room over a book!"

I currently study A Level Law, and frankly have a horrendous teacher. This is another issue that currently faces me. My understanding of the work is crystal clear, and I have been noted as top in terms of contribution in classes, and in terms of understanding, however my essays tend to only be C's, or B's. I feel this may be an issue as, although I have had no offers yet, I worry they'll be requiring that B in Law. As it stands, I am bang on the B in terms of UMS points. 1 point less, and I would be a C. This concerns me as LA3 and LA4 are supposed to be substantially harder, and I don't relish the prospects of resits this late into my academic year.

So, in summary, I have two questions for everyone~!

1) In your experience, what is the realistic workload for a Law student?

2) Do you have any advice as to how I could improve my grade, or more specifically, revision techniques for Law (A-Level, WJEC).

Any and all replies are very much appreciated!

Thank you,

Godot201

Edit: To clarify, the issue I seem to face in exams is time restraint, and lack of detail. I feel this is partly due to revision, and partly due to the teacher never really... 'teaching'. She often gets side tracked and talks about pop-culture (X-Factor and the Apprentice being popular choices) as opposed to teaching us the material we're required to learn.

Thank you once again~!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.