Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My bf split up with me and unfortunately during the year we were together i didnt really spend much time with friends as I was always with him. Now he's decided we shouldnt be together and not only am i heartbroken and newly single again but i dont even really have friends whose shoulders i can cry on

how am i meant to get over this guy and be happy again. my mum actually thinks im becoming clinically depressed. i know i should get out more to take my mind off of the breakup but how can i when i have noone to go with?

ReputationRep:
    When I got dumped I drew a face on my hand and called him Henry. That way I'm never alone.

ReputationRep:
    That is such an unnecessary reply
    The OP is obviously upset... THAT is the main point here. Not the anonymity. The person obviously has their own reasons.

Anyway... OP you can always PM of you like so you dont have to deal with anymore douchebags.
    There's no need to sling insults. I was making a point for a reason: the less people know about you the less they can help.

Also you're not super helpful to the OP by slinging mud at me. If you really thought my post was terrible ignore it and actually reply to the OP.

ReputationRep:
    well i have. you however still havent

ReputationRep:
    Yeah congratulations you offered her the choice to message someone she probably knows nothing about. If she wants to message me, she's most welcome - I'll gladly listen and help out if I can.

Apparently my post was quite useful anyway. It gave a 'tard like you a chance to feel morally superior for brief second. Moral warriors piss me off.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe go out and take a walk alone, listening to music? That's what I do. If i had to make sure i had someone with me everytime i went out, i would probably rarely leave my room :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    I do see where RELAXED is coming from, I don't think he was trying to offend anybody. Maybe her boyfriend is on this site and she doesn't want him reading it? I don't like people bickering on forums that's probably the last thing this girl needs.

You have parents to cry with or you can cry alone but try not to waste too many tears.
    If you have any old friends that you haven't spoke to in ages just send them a message telling your situation or asking them if they wanna hang out some time. 9 times out of 10 they will be happy you made the effort to contact them.

Do make the most of your alone time too, watch films, go for a stroll, make a video of something. If you haven't already get a job behind a bar, a really good way to earn money and meet new people in a social environment.

I wish you luck
    xx

I'll give you a hug if you need one. I know how it feels to be lonely, so if you want a friend to talk to or just to know is there, feel free to PM me.

ReputationRep:
      Throw a party for your friends. Buy in a lot of booze and food etc., put on some music and reconnect with them. If they're really friends they'll be there for you (you just broke up after all, if they're not they seriously suck) and you can catch up with them.

And you don't need people to go out with. Read a thread yesterday about some guy who ended up sleeping with some girl he met on the bus. Not necessarily saying go and shag someone on the bus, but people are everywhere, just waiting for you to meet them

Alternatively you can sit alone on this site talking to strangers and let your mum put you on anti-depressants.

Your choice.

ReputationRep:
      You should spend time with your friends if you're suffering from roneriness. And listen to that song by AKon.

ReputationRep:
      You'll probably need to eat some humble pie and go begging your friends to take you back - after all, you dumped them for your boyfriend and they're probably a bit pissed off with you about it.

One of my friends was like that when I had my first relationship last year. But I apologised to her (and actually, I did try to contact her but she never replied) and we're okay now.

So you need to do some grovelling... then once you've got your friends back, immerse yourself in them, and find some more hobbies - join a gym, learn to ice skate... ride a horse... learn to drive. Whatever - but keep yourself busy!

ReputationRep:
      Concentrate on work and physical fitness, you'll forget about it.

ReputationRep:
      Try getting in contact with some of your old friends? I've been silly enough to ignore everyone for my relationship before, but my friends were lovely when he dumped me.. most of us have been there and know what it's like to want to spend all the time with someone.

Join a gym, im gona do that and stop smoking in the new year so takes my mind off things
        • TSR Support Team

This is the big problem when you ditch your friends for a boyfriend, if it goes wrong you have no one. You need a life outside your relationship, it is one of those harsh lessons we all learn unfortunately. What you need is to get yourself back out, even if it's just the gym or finding a new hobby etc. Time is also a healer.

ReputationRep:
        A lot of people suggesting a gym. How come?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by History-Student)
        Exercise is proven to make a person more happy due to hormones umm endorphins (spelling?), it also increases your body confidence and gets you out of the house. Gyms also have a lot of fit men.. i kid, i kid

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by History-Student)
        Exercise gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. And happy people don't shoot their husbands

Sorry, had to be done. Seriously though, exercise is good for you in more ways than one. Try it, you'll be proud of your attempt and you'll be happier for it too.

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 16, 2010
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.