Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Could I dress this coat down enough to make it worth buying? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I am completely in love with this coat (I keep going into the store to stroke it...)

Thing is, I'm a uni student so most of the time at the moment I'm dressed in skinny jeans/chinos and boots/brogues/loafers. I can't justify buying this coat unless it's going to work with those kind of things, and I'm not sure that it would! What do people think?

ReputationRep:
    No. White faux fur is a big faux pas. It makes anybody look a lot more cheap and tacky than they are, and clashes horribly with any outfit which wasn't built around it. Also- it looks shiny, which is the worst thing faux fur can be.

If you buy a statement piece don't buy it to fit it around what you already wear, change what you wear to fit around it.

ReputationRep:
    its onli £60, surely u cud just buy it, wear it a few times and then return it. After all u are a student, and under no other circumstances would it be acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to buy it, just think of it as an investment? Its not a coat that your going to wear all the time, and its not meant to be

X

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty ugly tbh. But if you realllly like it then just buy it? I think depending on what you wear it with though, it is likely to look even cheaper/tackier.

ReputationRep:
    Very very few people can wear this without making it look cheap and tacky. If you are one of those people, go ahead!

ReputationRep:
    It looks HIDEOUS! It looks like it was fashioned from the backside of a polar bear.

ReputationRep:
    Eww. Just eww.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rawwwwr!)
    Eww. Just eww.
    you're a ive, :eek:

msn.go.on.it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    you're a ive, :eek:

msn.go.on.it
    on it like sonic :woo:

ReputationRep:
    on it like sonic :woo:
    Arg about to sleep zzzzzzzzzz

ReputationRep:
    Arg about to sleep zzzzzzzzzz
    So was I :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    So was I :ninja:
    Go on for 1 minute :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Go on for 1 minute :ahee:
    You're not there :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Can't see it. Link please?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.