Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Must-Know Secret To Losing Weight With Almonds Watch

ReputationRep:
    Studies show that chewing itself causes “fullness.” I’ve also read that chewing gum will demolish your desire for snacks, which in my experience, I find completely true.

Almonds are an interesting way to lose weight. Almonds kick into the system of our physiology affecting hunger and appetite. They help with fat absorption and hormone response. The increased fat in the small intestine causes hormones to release and a feeling of fullness.

Almonds are a great way to lose weight. I personally experimented with them and noticed it lowered my appetite by a mile. Almonds are a great snack to eat as they contain healthy fat, fiber, complex carbs, vitamins and mineral.

Remember people, just do it!

(Original post by changoo)
      Studies show that chewing itself causes “fullness.” I’ve also read that chewing gum will demolish your desire for snacks, which in my experience, I find completely true.

Almonds are an interesting way to lose weight. Almonds kick into the system of our physiology affecting hunger and appetite. They help with fat absorption and hormone response. The increased fat in the small intestine causes hormones to release and a feeling of fullness.

Almonds are a great way to lose weight. I personally experimented with them and noticed it lowered my appetite by a mile. Almonds are a great snack to eat as they contain healthy fat, fiber, complex carbs, vitamins and mineral.

And eating excessive amounts of almonds can kill you (cyanide posioning)

Your point..?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Jamie)
      And eating excessive amounts of almonds can kill you (cyanide posioning)

Your point..?
      if you buy your almonds from your local supermarket you should be fine.....

poisoning only occurs from the "wild" variety of almonds.... (which aren't sold to consumers in our markets

I ate a kg almonds and nothing happened.....

ReputationRep:

wanna lose weight; drink 10-15ml (oranic) apple cider vinegar with water (can add honey; tastes nicer) or natural fruit juice three times a day.... does wonders for fat loss.. and good for your general health

ReputationRep:
      It's not what you eat.

ITS CALORIES !

Anything above you BMR will put on weight anything less you will loose ! end of. Doesn't matter. I can eat 2000 caories of lettace and 2000 calories worth of cookies it's the exact same

ReputationRep:

Which studies are they, then?

ReputationRep:
      Clearly you are shiling for the Almond Consortium of Great Britain.
      You best watch out for those Acai Berry thugs.

I think you'll find that all natural food has health benefits...what with it being actual food and not **** that we just happen to be able to consume.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude)
        It's not what you eat.

ITS CALORIES !

Anything above you BMR will put on weight anything less you will loose ! end of. Doesn't matter. I can eat 2000 caories of lettace and 2000 calories worth of cookies it's the exact same
        Not exactly. Studies have shown that calories gained from fat are worse than those gained from carbohydrates.

A lot of ongoing research is looking at this, so don't be so brazen.

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 19, 2010
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.