Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I recently saw a trailer for a movie that is due out recently, and I swear it said it was a Tim Burton film. The trailer was short and quite surreal, but from what I could tell the movie seemed to have a christmas theme, but with a really sinister edge (which fits with Tim Burton pretty well). There was definitely something about Santa Claus in the title or at least in the trailer (but he looked like a really dark, twisted Santa).

Basically it looked like a great film, but I've been searching the net for more info and can't find anything. I'm starting to think I dreamt it or something. Any ideas?
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Is johnny depp of helen carter in it - that should let you know for sure?

ReputationRep:
    You mean Rare Exports?

As far as I know it has nothing to do with Tim Burton.

ReputationRep:
    Is it called something like 'rare exports - a christmas tale'? The director is a Finnish guy and apparantly it's gotten great reviews! Shame it's not coming to my local cinema - all they seem to show is hollywood romcoms

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.