Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    To stop a rise in tuition fees, instead of demonstrating, the NUS should get people in year 12 and 13 to not apply to university. Also, students already in year 1 and 2 of university should not hand in any coursework, which means that everyone gets kicked out. If no one went to university as part of this mass protest, the universities would go bankrupt, and it would make it clear to everyone why we need students.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsBlueSky)
    To stop a rise in tuition fees, instead of demonstrating, the NUS should get people in year 12 and 13 to not apply to university. Also, students already in year 1 and 2 of university should not hand in any coursework, which means that everyone gets kicked out. If no one went to university as part of this mass protest, the universities would go bankrupt, and it would make it clear to everyone why we need students.
    Not a bad idea, but I doubt that enough people would comply.

ReputationRep:
    I believe its called cutting off your nose to spite your face.
    You are an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Students and potential students would be doing themselves too much harm for this to ever work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Huskaris)
    I believe its called cutting off your nose to spite your face.
    You are an idiot.
    Actually, it would work if every student held their nerve. Trouble is getting the message out would require the acquisition of a large media outlet.

ReputationRep:
    F*ck that. I'd still go to uni.

ReputationRep:
    Psst there is also another problem....
    The majority of students don't agree with you. Please don't assume that all students would even want to join you on some sort of crusade.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.