Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My application was sent to IOE on 12th November and I've had no contact since then. I expected to have a wait but seeing other people having interviews, offers and rejections is making me anxious as if they're going to reject me I'd like it to be sooner rather than later so my application can be sent to my second choice... so has anyone else been waiting over a month now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sugar_Puff_Fairy)
    My application was sent to IOE on 12th November and I've had no contact since then. I expected to have a wait but seeing other people having interviews, offers and rejections is making me anxious as if they're going to reject me I'd like it to be sooner rather than later so my application can be sent to my second choice... so has anyone else been waiting over a month now?
    Hey don't worry about it at all. IOE seem to be being very cautious when it comes to giving interviews and offers. I had my history interview on nov 10th and am still waiting and someone I know is in exactly the same position as you. She called up and they said they were just waiting until they had their allocation of funding/places but would be asking more people to interview once they knew etc. If it also helps, IOE have not given out a single offer (someone else on here called and was told that) and won't until they know the number of places they have. So don't worry, lots of people are in the same position! If they definitely didn't want to give you an interview you probably would have heard by now anyway!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emmap87)
    Hey don't worry about it at all. IOE seem to be being very cautious when it comes to giving interviews and offers. I had my history interview on nov 10th and am still waiting and someone I know is in exactly the same position as you. She called up and they said they were just waiting until they had their allocation of funding/places but would be asking more people to interview once they knew etc. If it also helps, IOE have not given out a single offer (someone else on here called and was told that) and won't until they know the number of places they have. So don't worry, lots of people are in the same position! If they definitely didn't want to give you an interview you probably would have heard by now anyway!

Hi,

Thanks for that. A friend of mine said his sister was interviewed early November and still hasn't hear anything either. She graduated a few years ago and has a MA now, which is why he reckons she was interviewed quickly.
    So frustrating though - you must feel the same, having been interviewed so long ago!

ReputationRep:
    Hello
    Just going to try and give you some hope! I too have applied for History PGCE, sent application off first day. Waited 8 weeks for York and got rejected without interview. Application went off to second interview (my Uni) at Leeds Trinity. I went to the open day to be told that the date they got my application put me at an extreme disadvantage, and that if my application wasnt there by the last week of term they wouldnt look at it... I left the open day very disheartened (as you can imagine) as I was certain they wouldnt get it and I would have to wait a year to reapply.

I found out last week that I was through to the interview stages - even though this is in march so I imagine I just scraped through to them and its one of the last groups. Anyway, I guess when I'm trying to say is that no matter how rubbish it seems and how down you feel about it you can easily be suprised!

I know that many uni's are waiting until they know exactly how many places they have before interviewing candidates and this is probably what is happening to you. They dont want to interview unless they know they are going to have places.

Keep your chin up!

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Chester and had an interview. They told me 2weeks and I would know but that was a month ago. I rang yesterday and they said that they are waiting until the government announces funding and aren't expecting to make any offers until January at the earliest. So I wouldn't worry- every uni seems to be dragging their heels because they're not sure how much cash they have got. I asked them if they had sent off the unsuccesfuls to GTTR and they said yes. So if you're waiting its not neccessarily bad news!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by masamune1989)
    Hello
    Just going to try and give you some hope! I too have applied for History PGCE, sent application off first day. Waited 8 weeks for York and got rejected without interview. Application went off to second interview (my Uni) at Leeds Trinity. I went to the open day to be told that the date they got my application put me at an extreme disadvantage, and that if my application wasnt there by the last week of term they wouldnt look at it... I left the open day very disheartened (as you can imagine) as I was certain they wouldnt get it and I would have to wait a year to reapply.

I found out last week that I was through to the interview stages - even though this is in march so I imagine I just scraped through to them and its one of the last groups. Anyway, I guess when I'm trying to say is that no matter how rubbish it seems and how down you feel about it you can easily be suprised!

I know that many uni's are waiting until they know exactly how many places they have before interviewing candidates and this is probably what is happening to you. They dont want to interview unless they know they are going to have places.

Keep your chin up!

Thanks for your post. You've not had the easiest time have you!! Loads of luck for your interview, hope it all goes well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by garyharrison02)
    I've applied to Chester and had an interview. They told me 2weeks and I would know but that was a month ago. I rang yesterday and they said that they are waiting until the government announces funding and aren't expecting to make any offers until January at the earliest. So I wouldn't worry- every uni seems to be dragging their heels because they're not sure how much cash they have got. I asked them if they had sent off the unsuccesfuls to GTTR and they said yes. So if you're waiting its not neccessarily bad news!

So frustrating isn't it! Someone needs to start making some decisions... Good luck with your application, hope you get the place at Chester.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by masamune1989)

Keep your chin up!

Reading this made me feel abit better now

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.