:sports:

:sub:

:soap:

:london:

:littleangel:

:jfault:

:football:

:cockup:

Some people might disagree with you on a couple of smilies from that list :p: Anyway, all changes to smilies including replacing current smilies and adding new smilies has been put off for the time being until we know what changes are planned for the smilies.

Replace the generic smilies tbh. ":wink2:" is better than ""

Or switch the code...

ReputationRep:
        I've seen :soap: used twice today.

ReputationRep:
        The only problem i have with smilies post update is that they aren't organised in the same way they were pre-update.

Makes them much much harder to find.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by S-man10)
        Replace the generic smilies tbh. ":wink2:" is better than ""

Or switch the code...
        This. We also need a faster access menu to the rest.

I think there are never enough smileys. Besides, it's not like the unnecessary ones are annoying and hard to escape: you never see them unless you go to the extended menu.
        :reddy::yum:

ReputationRep:
        I think we should ban all smilies as the elder statesman musicbloke once proposed.

LOUD NOISES.

I think we have too many too. Interestingly we were once told by the developers that we needed to have a massive cull of smilies as they were causing increased load on the server. When they got the data for the top 100 smilies, only about 30 were used regularly, with the rest being used only by a few people. In the end they found a way around it so we were able to keep all the smilies.

They're popular though, and provided they are organised well and it's easy to find the ones you want (at the moment there's room for improvement here) it's not too much of an issue.

(Original post by fleur de lis)
            I think we have too many too. Interestingly we were once told by the developers that we needed to have a massive cull of smilies as they were causing increased load on the server. When they got the data for the top 100 smilies, only about 30 were used regularly, with the rest being used only by a few people. In the end they found a way around it so we were able to keep all the smilies.

They're popular though, and provided they are organised well and it's easy to find the ones you want (at the moment there's room for improvement here) it's not too much of an issue.
            How about replacing the generic smilies? Like the one I mentioned above...

How about replacing the generic smilies? Like the one I mentioned above...
              for what reason?

ReputationRep:
              (Original post by cambo211)
              The only problem i have with smilies post update is that they aren't organised in the same way they were pre-update.

Makes them much much harder to find.
              This. What was wrong with the categories?

(Original post by fleur de lis)
                for what reason?
                Because... They look better.

It would help to get rid of other rarely unused smilies. I think there are about 3 or 4 smilies for every expression...

Because... They look better.

It would help to get rid of other rarely unused smilies. I think there are about 3 or 4 smilies for every expression...
                  You could argue then that we should get rid of every other smilie that's a duplicate of one of the generic ones Hehe. I'm really not the best person to comment because I'm a bit lazy with smilies and only use the ones I know and remember the code for. For the most part, those are the generic ones!

ReputationRep:
                  Nooo don't change the smilies!! They make TSR what it is! :woo:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
                Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
              • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
                Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.