Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!

Just wondering if there's anyone else on here who has applied for Hebrew at university at all?

I have applied for the subject - along with Russian - at UCL and Manchester (within the BA Language and Culture and BA Middle Eastern Studies and a Modern Language degree programmes). And then German and Russian at Sheffield, Nottingham and Bristol!

My ucas has only just been sent off so I havn't received any offers yet though but what about anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samuelv-37)
    Hello everyone!

Just wondering if there's anyone else on here who has applied for Hebrew at university at all?

I have applied for the subject - along with Russian - at UCL and Manchester (within the BA Language and Culture and BA Middle Eastern Studies and a Modern Language degree programmes). And then German and Russian at Sheffield, Nottingham and Bristol!

My ucas has only just been sent off so I havn't received any offers yet though but what about anyone else?
    This Coursework Info is so annying
    I'm actually applying to read Classics, but I love languages and I have done some Hebrew and really enjoyed it. It's like magic when these signs start to have a sound suddenly
    I think you'll really enjoy it at uni! Any offer news so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sappho)
    This Coursework Info is so annying
    I'm actually applying to read Classics, but I love languages and I have done some Hebrew and really enjoyed it. It's like magic when these signs start to have a sound suddenly
    I think you'll really enjoy it at uni! Any offer news so far?
    Gosh was that ancient hebrew then?

I cannot wait to start learning it and I know what you mean about the alphabet characters. Was the same for me being taught Cyrillic.

I have actually just got an interview at Manchester next month which I am really looking forward and unfortunately UCL rejected me as did Nottingham (although I applied there for German & Russian).

Und viel Gluck fur deine UCAS!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samuelv-37)
    Gosh was that ancient hebrew then?

I cannot wait to start learning it and I know what you mean about the alphabet characters. Was the same for me being taught Cyrillic.

I have actually just got an interview at Manchester next month which I am really looking forward and unfortunately UCL rejected me as did Nottingham (although I applied there for German & Russian).

Und viel Gluck fur deine UCAS!
    Danke vielmals!
    Yes, it was Ancient Hebrew. I still love reciting the first few verses of the Bible in the original, it's so magical to think that that was actually how they read it 2,000 years ago!
    UCL seemed so nice! But I didn't apply there because London is too expensive for me, so we're actually in the same boat

I've heard much of Manchester, it seems interesting as well. Is it your first choice?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.