Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

History AS re-take for Edxcel 6HI02 Option C - Conflict and Change 19th/20th Century Watch

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone knows what sort of re-revision I will need to do for an AS retake for Edexcel History Unit 2, Option C 6HI02 that I took in May 2009?

I can recollect the sources and questions asked previously but was wondering if anyone knows from their teachers what sort of questions may come up in the May 2011 exam.

I believe the topics convered in this unit are as follows; Crimean War, Boer War(s) & WW1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Joe

ReputationRep:
    I am also retaking this in a few weaks time. I am so stressed because I am good at History but fall apart in the exam as I panic about technique etc.

ReputationRep:
    Im retaking the same exam, and want to know the exam questions from june and jan 2010, so may be able to eliminate some topics! if anyone has them they would be very appreciated

ReputationRep:
    How did you guys find this exam? I thought it went well but its hard to know what exactly they're looking for! Any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, as where all taking the same exam, its probably a good idea for us to poll together all the info we can find, to help us all out.

isrox08: I found the exam good tbh, its weird however because it was only up until about 2 months ago did I realise that my best mark came in the Stalin/Mao analytical paper, and not to my surprise the source paper (WW1, womans rights). Thats the paper, funnily enough that I hope to retake this summer.

I understand I need to revise Crimean War, Boer War(s) and World War One, I seem to remember a book titled: Empire - How Britain made the modern world by Niall Fergusson to be a good reference for revision last yeat. Ill try and post all the books that ill be getting stuck into for revision.

I guess im lucky in the sense that I dont have to revise Mao/ Stalin or Cecil Rhodes again.

If anyone has any more info regarding revision for this unit, please post.

Thanks in advanced,

Jdot.

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick question.

Does anyone know what questions are expected to come up in this years Conflict & Change exam?

I know what questions came up 2 years ago but im uncertain whether the questions this year will revolve mainly around the Crimean / WW1.

I would really appreciate some source work information on the crimea, first world war and boer war if possible.

Thanks

Jdot.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.