Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hello! i'm in a bit of a pickle, i know i got a £2000 limit on overdraft but still got cash left in the account, is it possible to withdrawal more than the actual amount?

i need quick replies!!

ReputationRep:
    Of course. Do you know how an overdraft works? :holmes: Though you may get charged if the overdraft isn't interest-free. :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean the "actual amount"?
    If, for example, you have £100 above zero and want to remove £200, then yes, you can do that.

Presumably you know whether you have an interest-free overdraft/whether there will bank charges for doing so.

ReputationRep:
    i don't really know how overdrafts work you see,

i got £40 left in the bank but i need £70 to pay off a friend for a house, can i withdrawal £70 out? as at the cash machine, it wouldn't let me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big-boss-91)
    i don't really know how overdrafts work you see,

i got £40 left in the bank but i need £70 to pay off a friend for a house, can i withdrawal £70 out? as at the cash machine, it wouldn't let me

If you have a £2000 overdraft you can go to -£2000.

So if you have £40 and you took out £70 your new balance would be -£30.

If you cant do it you might not have an overdraft or it might not be sorted yet.. if your a student with a student account there is usually no interest (Im with Natwest and i know there is not) but you want to check otherwise it will cost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big-boss-91)
    hello! i'm in a bit of a pickle, i know i got a £2000 limit on overdraft but still got cash left in the account, is it possible to withdrawal more than the actual amount?

i need quick replies!!
    Say you have £200 in your account, you can take out £2200.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EggmanD)
    If you have a £2000 overdraft you can go to -£2000.

So if you have £40 and you took out £70 your new balance would be -£30.

If you cant do it you might not have an overdraft or it might not be sorted yet.. if your a student with a student account there is usually no interest (Im with Natwest and i know there is not) but you want to check otherwise it will cost.
    i double checked, i do have overdraft available but it not working

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 16, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    How much money do you spend a week?The ultimate guide to tax!Guide to student bank accounts

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Quick link:

Unanswered money and finance threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.