Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Yes or not?

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    It's for a cleaning job in a bar.

ReputationRep:
    How would you do that? Do you not have to provide contact details and then they contact them?
    Just be honest! I can't imagine you needing references from the Archbishop of Canterbury for a cleaning job, to be honest. Just use a tutor or something, who'll say you're committed and trustworthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alibobs)
    no
    It's for a cleaning job in a bar, Aliboobs. What do you think? I need a job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    How would you do that? Do you not have to provide contact details and then they contact them?
    Just be honest! I can't imagine you needing references from the Archbishop of Canterbury for a cleaning job, to be honest. Just use a tutor or something, who'll say you're committed and trustworthy.
    I rather doubt it :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manthew)
    Getting negged is a wonderful thing, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoulfulBoy)
    It is when it comes from somebody with zero rep power like yourself.

Faking references is pointless, especially for something like a bar cleaning job - if I was employing somebody to clean a bar, I don't think I'd be too bothered about a reference, as all I'd want is for them to turn up on time.

If you did it, you'd need to put down a professional address, not somebody's home address; likewise with the email and phone number, otherwise it'll look dodgy. It's more hassle than it's worth, and tbh, if you have referees who are willing to give you a reference, it's socially-unacceptable to make it bad, so providing it says you're punctual, it'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    but some one posved me back on

ReputationRep:
    but some one posved me back on

ReputationRep:
    Just stick in a random friend's mobile number and you're good to go why not?

ReputationRep:
    It's for a cleaning job in a bar.
    Surely you know someone who can give you a genuine reference and vouch for your suitability to work as a cleaner. Surely.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Surely you know someone who can give you a genuine reference and vouch for your suitability to work as a cleaner. Surely.:rolleyes:
    Many vaginas would do that for me, I don't know about the OP. I can crush your rolled eyes with my steel-like pen

ReputationRep:
    It's for a cleaning job in a bar, Aliboobs. What do you think? I need a job.
    Wow references for a cleaning job!?
    I still say no, just get someone to do it legitimately, can't be that hard!

ReputationRep:
    Just ask like, a friend's mum to do it or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatieW)
    Just ask like, a friend's mum to do it or something.
    If I were the OP, I would want a nice girl like you to be my reference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Landoner)
    If I were the OP, I would want a nice girl like you to be my reference.
    :rolleyes: You are not the OP...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.