Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

There is something wrong with me, can't believe I did this........? Watch

So I was supposed to have an interview this morning up in London. ANyway, I left before it even started because of these suicidal feelings I get.

It was on like the 5th floor and when I was walking into the office, there was a balcony with a very low fence. ANyway, I walked in and sat down to wait for interviewer. Then I suddenly ran out cos I couldnt get these feelings/urges out of my head to jump, I didnt even stay for the interview. I drove an hour to get there. Im honestly not trolling, I think there is somethign very wrong with me. I dont want to feel this way, its horrible. It happens everytime Im up high somewhere and there is a balcony or smoething, I have to get out. I dont have voices, just really strong urges to jump.

I supopse I have probably been suffering from depression for a while and find it very difficult to get up inthe mornings, finding it difficult to get a job, just too many regrets from getting a 2.2. I cant imagine being normal again

ReputationRep:
    yOU CRYING CUS YOU GOT A 2:2?

ReputationRep:
    :jumphug:
    try and go and see your GP or talk to someone, anyone who will listen. You don't deserve to feel like this and it will get better. I feel for you. I know feeling like that is absolutely horrible

(Original post by Hooj)
    yOU CRYING CUS YOU GOT A 2:2?
    No, im not crying, a 2.2 is one of the reasons I feel crap cos I am struggling to get a job cos of it. I suppose ever since adolescence I feel like I have had depression I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    No, im not crying, a 2.2 is one of the reasons I feel crap cos I am struggling to get a job cos of it. I suppose ever since adolescence I feel like I have had depression I think.
    If you had depression you would know about it trust me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooj)
    If you had depression you would know about it trust me.
    Not necessarily true.

ReputationRep:
    see a doctor.

ReputationRep:
    You need to see a doctor if it's preventing you living a normal life. They'll know what to do more than TSR users.

(Original post by mazzie111)
    :jumphug:
    try and go and see your GP or talk to someone, anyone who will listen. You don't deserve to feel like this and it will get better. I feel for you. I know feeling like that is absolutely horrible
    cheers, you felt like that ever?

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel, mate. Don't let the people who don't believe you put you down, either.
    You should be able to get help if you go and ask your GP. It'll be a long wait if you want to see a proper psychiatrist for an assessment, but until then you should be able to see maybe a counsellor or alternatively use confidential and free helplines like the Samaritans. You may not understand completely why you have these feelings but you'll gain a surprising amount of insight just by talking to someone about them. Do you have friends that you can talk to?

I hope you feel better soon. And don't worry about your degree. Once you do get a job, all future things depend on your experience and not your academic record. Alan Sugar doesn't have any GCSEs. Try doing some volunteering so employers can see you're keen to get out there, while you're gaining valuable skills.

link.

ReputationRep:
    :doctor:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyraell)
    Not necessarily true.
    Eh? If you were depresed you would obviously know...unless you're slow.

ReputationRep:
    cheers, you felt like that ever?
    I have unfortunately. I cycled out into a road deliberately without looking off of my drive once, and a mate nearly ran me over. I had headphones in and didn't hear him beeping behind me as he later said he nearly killed me. He is not one to make a fuss over nothing and he was really scared. I guess it was selfish of me. I still get pretty intense feeling's even over pretty trivial things but I just try my hardest to rationalise because I guess it's just kind of selfish and stupid basically. Sometimes If I'm pissed off and I'm listening to music or something I get properly into it and pumps me up like a badman. I always look for answers to my problems now rather than getting angry and making it worse.

edit: Go to your GP asap If I were you. These sudden urges to do stuff may get worse.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooj)
    I didn't realize I might be depressed until someone pointed it out to me, I don't think it's always that obvious, sometimes you just don't think about it. :dontknow: or yeah, maybe I'm just slow.

OP, how strong were these urges exactly? I thought it was normal to have urges to do things you wouldn't do - eg step off the platform at the train station, walk in front of that bus etc, but people don't actually follow through on these things they're just weird urges. But from your description they sound a little worse than that? If you're having trouble controlling them then yeah go see a doctor but if it's just thoughts/curiousity, I was under the impression that that was normal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemical_bex)
    When I studied depression, I was told that you tell the difference by if you're suicidal or not. If you're suicidal and are having urges to jump I don't think you'd be depressed. People with depression don't want to commit suicide. I was taught anyway.

Could be wrong

Either way get some help.
    You have been taught wrong, suicidal feelings can definitely be a symptom of depression and many other mental illnesses.

OP the best advice is to get yourself to your GP, he/she will be in the best postion to diagnose and/or help you with a plan of action. In the mean time tell a friend or parent if you can and keep yourself out of tempting situation.

hope you feel better soon,
    R.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hooj)
    Depression doesn't always have to be the 'I can't even get out of bed' kind. It can be more subtle than that. And aside from the issues with self-diagnosis, some people also just don't want to admit they are depressed. Although I agree, labelling something with so many differing permutations under one term can be misleading.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rish15)
    Funny that there have been a load of other 'anonymous' posters with over 200,000 posts, and who joined in November 1999...
    Just lol at your life , please leave your house and headbutt the nearest tree :/

Op see your gp

ReputationRep:
    So I was supposed to have an interview this morning up in London. ANyway, I left before it even started because of these suicidal feelings I get.

It was on like the 5th floor and when I was walking into the office, there was a balcony with a very low fence. ANyway, I walked in and sat down to wait for interviewer. Then I suddenly ran out cos I couldnt get these feelings/urges out of my head to jump, I didnt even stay for the interview. I drove an hour to get there. Im honestly not trolling, I think there is somethign very wrong with me. I dont want to feel this way, its horrible. It happens everytime Im up high somewhere and there is a balcony or smoething, I have to get out. I dont have voices, just really strong urges to jump.

I supopse I have probably been suffering from depression for a while and find it very difficult to get up inthe mornings, finding it difficult to get a job, just too many regrets from getting a 2.2. I cant imagine being normal again
    There's really nothing we can do other than to advise you to see a doctor, seriously
    good luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemical_bex)
    When I 'studied' depression, I was told that you tell the difference by if you're suicidal or not. If you're suicidal and are having urges to jump I don't think you'd be depressed. People with depression don't want to commit suicide. I was taught anyway.

Could be wrong

Either way get some help.

Don't get what's with the negs, I said I could be wrong...
    I doubt people commit suicide because they are happy and undepressed... Seems a slightly random thing to do for no reason?

I do agree with the advice to get help though; OP I think you should see a doctor about it and explain how you feel.

EDIT: I don't see why this deserved neg rep? Ah well...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lynds81)
    I doubt people commit suicide because they are happy and undepressed... Seems a slightly random thing to do for no reason?

I do agree with the advice to get help though; OP I think you should see a doctor about it and explain how you feel.
    I hardly think they would be happy
    Clearly I just had a crap tutor.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.