Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

That irrelevancy of the EU is somewhat unexpected and annoying thing actually... Watch

ReputationRep:
    They are really sweet music to my ears, those praises of the current Ukrainian leaders at the recent PACE meeting. It relates ethnic policy in the modern Ukraine which in fact is highly appreciated by my close relative living in Mukachevo, the Carpathian mountains of the Ukraine.

They are Hungarians and they feel really encouraged by quite visible positive changes in their status after Yanukovich came to presidential power in Kiev. There are some new Hungarian educational facilities opened as well as some special courses to study Hungarian language and cultural ways. Life has become better for other national minorities in the Ukraine too, they note.
    Still there’s one thing that is beyond them and beyond me. EU top officials stick to somewhat biting Yanukovich from time to time blaming him in "insufficient democracy". That criticism is really looking irrelevant when we revive the memories of the former "orange rule" in the Ukraine. They used to cry at every corner that there’s "true democracy" in the Ukraine. Meanwhile that so-called democracy in reality resembled real ethnical genocide in the Ukraine. That irrelevancy of the EU is somewhat unexpected and annoying thing actually.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.