Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I am having a bit of a life crisis here so hope for a bit of advice.

I am 26 and graduated from Napier in 2008. Before that i did a HND. All of my subjects are animal related and I have now been thinking about doing a Masters. Ok, not only thinking but acting too! I was accepted on to the 2010/2011 Animal Behaviour and Welfare Msc at the Vet School in Edinburgh but i applied to it late on a whim almost and was surprised i got in.

Unfortunatly money was/is my issue so i asked to defer my place. So i am now lucky enough to have a confirmed place on the 2011/2012 course. But i am now back to where i was before. I am temping just now, in a subject that is nothing to do with what career i want. It also doesnt offer me any extra money to be able to save. Looking at the scholarships availble for my course i either need to be from outside the UK, from a high end private school, or have excelled in my undergrad (got a good 2:1).

There is an oppertunity to apply for my fees but there are only 3 grants available. Last time i applied for these and i came 4th! It was quite frustrating. Also, even if i get my fees paid for i still need living expenses. I just dont know how i can afford this.

A career development loan is an option but i already have £20,000 student debt from my undergrad. My family cant help me and as i say i just cant seem to save much.

I really want to do this. I can see no other option to get back into the field of veterinary science except to do a Msc and Edinburgh Uni has such a good rep.

Can anyone suggest the best option? Is a career development loan worth the risk?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.