Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've been a motorcyclist for over a year now, and Have built my first years no claims! WOOT!

But its useless for cars?

I cant seem to find any insurance websites that will accept a Motorcycle NCB :/

Ohh, and It was only a crud 125

04' Honda CBR125R

But still, Beats ANY car off the line No problems, But then drops at 30 :/ LOL NEARLY beat a Citroen Saxo 1.6 In a drag

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by biker_boy_chris)
    Hi, I've been a motorcyclist for over a year now, and Have built my first years no claims! WOOT!

04' Honda CBR125R

But still, Beats ANY car off the line No problems, But then drops at 30 :/ LOL NEARLY beat a Citroen Saxo 1.6 In a drag
    It has been asked before, and answered before. Some places do, but ring the companies and ask, rather than looking on websites. Tesco#s was one place that i think did them, virgin another.But my internets rubbish so i won't search.

On the other side. Why get a car. Stick with the bike

http://metafaq.tescofinance.com/help...oclaims_to_car
    http://www.directline.com/motor/motorcycle_safety.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bathwiggle)
    On the other side. Why get a car. Stick with the bike
    I absolutely agree.

And then get a Yamaha Fazer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LandyJon)
    I absolutely agree.

BOOO HISSS sweetie

ReputationRep:
    dont get a car, get a bigger bike (just don't mention the fazer or BW will eat you!)

ReputationRep:

04' Honda CBR125R

ORLY?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    ORLY?
    mine does

Spoiler:
    Show

well i was beaten by an R8, however it was close enough that i could tell you it was a 09 plate, and my clutch is dieing and waisting taking lots of my power

ReputationRep:

04' Honda CBR125R

Firstly, stick with motorbikes.

Secondly, if you think a 125 is quick off the line you're in for a giant shock...
    My offroad bike is quicker off the line.... on mud....in third gear.... whilst towing a trailer...
    (Original post by LandyJon)
    I absolutely agree.

THIS... And Repped.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    ORLY?
    Blast from the past, good to see you back.

If we're doing cars vs bikes, I recon JCs MG - if hes finally built it - will give things a pretty good go. Still doubt it'll beat my bikes 3.6 seconds to 60 - but hes more than welcome to give it a go.

ReputationRep:

04' Honda CBR125R

Right, so a 1.6 saxo - a **** small car - beat you off the line, and then you think you can beat any car.... Hmm.... Put it against a Lambo, Ferrari even a Porsche and then see. Big bikes can have fun with supercars, your bike would be toast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riderz)
    Blast from the past, good to see you back.

If we're doing cars vs bikes, I recon JCs MG - if hes finally built it - will give things a pretty good go. Still doubt it'll beat my bikes 3.6 seconds to 60 - but hes more than welcome to give it a go.
    Built it, raced it, sold it

One of my good friends has an MG V8 which will do 0-60 in under 2 secconds and 0 - 127 in 11 secconds.

Moving on to new things now... I'm considering giving the bike thing a go, but it'll be a cruiser. Suzuki VL 125 intruder or a Honda Shaddow 125.
    Car wise, I'm on the hunt for a 7.2 litre Jensen Interceptor III next. Although, I'd settle for a 6.3 litre if thats all that I can find in my price range.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Built it, raced it, sold it

One of my good friends has an MG V8 which will do 0-60 in under 2 secconds and 0 - 127 in 11 secconds.

Moving on to new things now... I'm considering giving the bike thing a go, but it'll be a cruiser. Suzuki VL 125 intruder or a Honda Shaddow 125.
    Car wise, I'm on the hunt for a 7.2 litre Jensen Interceptor III next. Although, I'd settle for a 6.3 litre if thats all that I can find in my price range.
    noooo, by the sounds of it, you like going fast, and round corners, get a real bike, not a cruiser.

ReputationRep:
    No, J.C. is into drag racing and point and shoot, so corners are a non issue, hence Cruiser sounds perfect!

As for bikes Vs Cars, most superbikes will easily beat any supercar. I mean even something like GSX-R 750 would give any car a run for its money. A 125 though, I think you are clutching at straws on that one!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boristhethird)
    noooo, by the sounds of it, you like going fast, and round corners, get a real bike, not a cruiser.
    Point n squirt is where it's at for me. I only do around 6000 miles a year these days anyway.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.