Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I sent my application off, just like my school booklet told me to (my teacher sent it back after I made a mistake entering resits), but the booklet didn't say anything about resits, so I didn't declare any because it was the last day of college and I didn't want to take any risks entering resits, so my UCAS has been sent off today without any resits declared.

Would phoning UCAS help? And how does letting unis know about resits work? Because I have a D, which I'm resitting.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TWF)
    I sent my application off, just like my school booklet told me to (my teacher sent it back after I made a mistake entering resits), but the booklet didn't say anything about resits, so I didn't declare any because it was the last day of college and I didn't want to take any risks entering resits, so my UCAS has been sent off today without any resits declared.

Would phoning UCAS help? And how does letting unis know about resits work? Because I have a D, which I'm resitting.
    Has it actually been processed or sent to your referee? If it is the latter, I would contact your referee asap. If it is the first one, there is little you can do as UCAS can't change the form once it has been sent to them (which is silly but the way it is).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seham)
    Has it actually been processed or sent to your referee? If it is the latter, I would contact your referee asap. If it is the first one, there is little you can do as UCAS can't change the form once it has been sent to them (which is silly but the way it is).
    Aww, forget it then. I hear you have to enter it twice, I didn't do that in this case because I already got it sent back and I didn't want to take any risks, college is finished and I can't contact my tutor, oh well hope for the best.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seham)
    I phoned UCAS, they were super helpful. She told me to e-mail them my resits as soon as my application is processed tommorrow, and they will add my details to my application, and I'm not the first who has had this problem today.

So anyone who has this, just phone UCAS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TWF)
    Aww, forget it then. I hear you have to enter it twice, I didn't do that in this case because I already got it sent back and I didn't want to take any risks, college is finished and I can't contact my tutor, oh well hope for the best.....
    Im doing a2s this year but im resitting as modules from last year, also. What is the correct way to enter this on the form, may i ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bloomblaze)
    Im doing a2s this year but im resitting as modules from last year, also. What is the correct way to enter this on the form, may i ask?
    You enter your AS module (GCE advanced subsidary 2001 bla bla bla....) once with the real result, then another one with the result as pending. That is the correct way if you are resitting AS modules.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TWF)
    I phoned UCAS, they were super helpful. She told me to e-mail them my resits as soon as my application is processed tommorrow, and they will add my details to my application, and I'm not the first who has had this problem today.

So anyone who has this, just phone UCAS.
    I am glad it has worked out for you! When I tried to change something on my UCAS last year they said they couldn't change the form, so maybe it has changed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TWF)
    You enter your AS module (GCE advanced subsidary 2001 bla bla bla....) once with the real result, then another one with the result as pending. That is the correct way if you are resitting AS modules.
    Do you have to put GCE Advanced Level after that, as well? Ie three entries for each subject ie AS result, AS pending, and gce advanced level pending, all for each subject ???

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Do you have to put GCE Advanced Level after that, as well? Ie three entries for each subject ie AS result, AS pending, and gce advanced level pending, all for each subject ???

thanks
    Nope, just enter the AS level twice.... Because the GCE Advanced Levels should already be on pending, because that is what you're taking at A2. You're retaking the AS level, not the A2....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TWF)
    Nope, just enter the AS level twice.... Because the GCE Advanced Levels should already be on pending, because that is what you're taking at A2. You're retaking the AS level, not the A2....
    So for example,

One subject would be something like this:

GCE A-level Mathematics pending 08/2011
    AS Mathematics Pending 08/2011
    AS Mathematics Grade C 08/2010

Am i correct??

What do you put for the module grades of the AS repeat-do you put all modules as pending or put the ones your repeating as pending?

Thanks again, sorry for the long post

ReputationRep:
    So for example,

One subject would be something like this:

GCE A-level Mathematics pending 08/2011
    AS Mathematics Pending 08/2011
    AS Mathematics Grade C 08/2010

Am i correct??

What do you put for the module grades of the AS repeat-do you put all modules as pending or put the ones your repeating as pending?

Thanks again, sorry for the long post
    Correct.

Put the modules you're retaking as pending if you're entering them.... entering modules isn't necessary though, in any case.

ReputationRep:
    I just realized that i didn't put my resits down, i sent it off about a month ago and have all my offers . I got ABB, resitting the 2 B's but put on the I put that i got 2 B's with no mention of resits, what should i do????? :/ or does it not matter???

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.