Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I recently got rejected for one of my university choices (mainly because of GCSE grades) is it worth emailing them to reconsider? or is this pointless? xD

ReputationRep:
    Oh god! I don't have an aswer to your question but I have very poor GCSE's too, [email protected] to see they are rejecting someone for poor GCSE's

ReputationRep:
    It's not very likely to make a difference but what have you got to lose?

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't worry about it, I've got offers from other places, I think some just take it into account more when it's a really competitive Uni/Course, I feel like most do just look at AS levels/ A levels and personal statements

ReputationRep:
    sorry, but...i'm thinking 'sour grapes' o_o

i'm sure plenty of the better universities might have even rejected a number of applicants who met (or even exceeded) their requirements,
    why pester them to reconsider you but not those who meet the requirements? charity?

ReputationRep:
    If you got rejected for not meeting their GCSE criteria, theres probably not much point in asking them to reconsider. Unless you have extenuating cirmcumstances as to why you got poor GCSE grades, in which case I guess it may be worth a shot, although probably won't get you anywhere .

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt bother asking to be reconsidered now. They have seen your application and decided to give you that. You could always try when UCAS Extra opens, if the course if in extra you could call up and ask to be reconsidered (Esp if you meet the Alevel grades they ask but just not GCSE)

ReputationRep:
    I got two unsuccessful's, asked them both to reconsider, and they are. They just asked for an extra reference.
    Always worth it

ReputationRep:
    No, they'll probably facedesk and not even bother replying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn123)
    I recently got rejected for one of my university choices (mainly because of GCSE grades) is it worth emailing them to reconsider? or is this pointless? xD
    You've got nothing to lose. Only gains can be made from giving it a try

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    An utter waste of time

ReputationRep:
    Do it do it do it! I got rejected from my first choice, emailed them and they gave me an unconditional offer

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the feedback, it's helped me make a decision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiZZeeKiD)
    Do it do it do it! I got rejected from my first choice, emailed them and they gave me an unconditional offer
    What did you say when you asked them to reconsider? Did you say why you think they should reconsider you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nick369)
    What did you say when you asked them to reconsider? Did you say why you think they should reconsider you?
    Yeah, because I had enough points to get in basically so I asked for feedback and they just said after reconsideration they were willing to give me an unconditional offer. Result

ReputationRep:
    not much help to the OP then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    not much help to the OP then!
    Well, to be honest, it also shows you have drive as opposed to just thinking "oh well" and sulking about it. They could still have said no, and if it was purely grade based they would have accepted me from the start, wouldn't they?

ReputationRep:
    did you email directly to the university?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaaa2)
    did you email directly to the university?
    Yessum!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemical_bex)
    I got two unsuccessful's, asked them both to reconsider, and they are. They just asked for an extra reference.
    Always worth it
    Hi that is good to know i hope everything works out.
    The thing is I am in a dilemma just like you with an unsuccessful offer i think it was beaucse of my predicted grades what was your situation was it grades if you dont me knowing?
    Thank u

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.