Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which is worse: Cosmo or FHM? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you buy either Cosmopolitan or FHM magazine?
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    50.00%

ReputationRep:
    Doing an investigation into which mag is worse for gender stereotyping and would just like your opinions and your votes

Having looked at both, I've got to say...I want overly impressed with Cosmo...and was expecting FHM to be MUCH WORSE...

ReputationRep:
    I like Cosmopolitan :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't care less.

ReputationRep:
    So what are you asking? Do we buy them or do we think the magazine is stereotypical about gender?

I do buy Cosmo very occasionally, and have looked through FHM a couple of times but never bought it. And yes, I'd say they are both a bit stereotypical, but I would guess that is because that is what their stereotypical target market would be looking for...

ReputationRep:
    Both are harmless. Only people who don't like sex (or are otherwise sexually inadequate) dislike them. I think because of supply and demand, both magazines sell since we're a sexualised society. People should just get over them, and live their own lives.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.