Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I thought we could make a thread where everyone says what they thought of their first term or whatever term it was. Let potential applications know your thoughts ect

ReputationRep:
    I absolutely love my course. I went to uni last year and reapplied but I love my course this year. It's so interesting and it's hard however because I enjoy it I don't mind the work load.

The only thing I don't like is that I got rejected from halls because there were too many applicants. So I moved in with 4 random people that we met on facebook. But I hate 2 of them, they are just really weird and I feel that I am missing out on a huge social side of it. But ah well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by atomic-aaron)

The only thing I don't like is that I got rejected from halls because there were too many applicants. So I moved in with 4 random people that we met on facebook. But I hate 2 of them, they are just really weird and I feel that I am missing out on a huge social side of it. But ah well.
    I was in boring halls to begin with so swapped, it was definitely worth it so for me swapping definitely helped

ReputationRep:
    They are really weird and hard to live with tho. I can't explain it and then most of the people that I'm friendly with on my course live at home and travel in. So they don't go out as much. My other two housemates are ok tho. But still.

How have you found your first term then?

ReputationRep:
    any interesting stories?

ReputationRep:
    About uni in general or my strange housemates? The last time those two in particular went out was the beginning on October, they're just weird.

However I went out on a social with other people from my course and there are two girls both called Katy. So we have Katy S and Katy B. We were outside a nightclub one night walking to the 24 hour Burger King and I was like oh there's Katy B. And this guy beside me was like "OMG KATY B I LOVE HER!!!!" ran up and started being like "are you Katy B?" So we phoned our other friends that were in burger king and told them to come out and be like wow can I get your signature etc etc. And then the guy phoned his sister and made her talk to her and she started to cry down the phone to her and was like I love you so so much etc. And the girl katy was like yea, I'll get your number from your brother and send you free concert tickets.

And then when it started to snow we decided to snow in the students two doors down. We completley blocked up their front door with snow and compacted it. And then one of the girls opened the window and was like what are you guys doing, they're all in town and aren't back yet. Because of the snow all buses were cancelled so they had to walk the whole way back from town wich is around 45 mins - an hour and then had to dig to their front door. and then all the snow fell into their front rooms.

Ok maybe they're not that funny but it;s one of those you had to be there moments I guess.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.