The Student Room Group

Why do people say that morality doesn't exist?

It doesn't exist in the nature of the universe, but it exists as social conventions/norms. I guess somebody would say that social norms don't exist, but the fact I'd be frowned/legally penalised upon for driving on the wrong side of the M6 says otherwise, right?

I don't anybody really believes that morality exists in the nature of the universe, right?
Because they would rather turn away from the eye of judgement than be held to account for themselves. Any kind of traditional view is now 'judgmental', 'right-wing', 'fascist' and 'authoritarian'.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
because they're painfully stupid, or their English is so limited that they misunderstood the question? They're about the only reasons I can think of.
Original post by rajandkwameali

I don't anybody really believes that morality exists in the nature of the universe, right?

The traditional religious view is that it does, moral values are a part of the fabric of the world so to speak.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Some people think it "doesn't exist" because we haven't been able to accurately pinpoint a part of our brain that would regulate morality..
Your example is just illegal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending