Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't exist in the nature of the universe, but it exists as social conventions/norms. I guess somebody would say that social norms don't exist, but the fact I'd be frowned/legally penalised upon for driving on the wrong side of the M6 says otherwise, right?

I don't anybody really believes that morality exists in the nature of the universe, right?

ReputationRep:
    Because they would rather turn away from the eye of judgement than be held to account for themselves. Any kind of traditional view is now 'judgmental', 'right-wing', 'fascist' and 'authoritarian'.

ReputationRep:
    because they're painfully stupid, or their English is so limited that they misunderstood the question? They're about the only reasons I can think of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rajandkwameali)

I don't anybody really believes that morality exists in the nature of the universe, right?
    The traditional religious view is that it does, moral values are a part of the fabric of the world so to speak.

ReputationRep:
    Some people think it "doesn't exist" because we haven't been able to accurately pinpoint a part of our brain that would regulate morality..
    Your example is just illegal.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.